[NFC Plugin] Any chance to get a sample app using this plug in?

[NFC Plugin] Any chance to get a sample app using this plug in?

Forge Component
(1)
Published on 2016-07-18 by OutSystems Experts
1 vote
Published on 2016-07-18 by OutSystems Experts

It would be great if there was a sample app using this plugin to show best way to read/write NFC

Can we have a sample app or is there any other app on forge that is using this plugin?

Hi Norman and Stacey,

At the moment, we do not have any example working with it.

We will check how easily we can have a working demo using this plugin.

Cheers,

RG

Hi! Just wanna ask if this plugin is working? I can't seem to make it work. 

Thanks, 

Louise

Yes, I just need an app that reads NFC tags into an on-device database for later upload once a wireless internet connection made.

Hi,

I try to read my NFC tag but neither NDEF-listener, Mimetype-listener nor Shareprogress give result. Using NCF-tools I can easily write and read data from the tag.

Any suggestions?

Thx

Sander

Hi guys!

Just a note to make this plugin work. You need to be in Native Platform mode rather than in OutSystems Now. There are some plugins that will only work when you are in Native Platform. 

Cheers,

Louise :)

Hi Louise,

I generate the app for Android through Native Platforms. Install the .apk on my phone. Get the Beacons and QR-reader functionality up and running but NFC doesn't give a response. As said, reading NFC through another app does work and I can write data to the tag.

Thx

Sander

Hi Sander!

Here's a sample oml. I didn't test this oml in Native Platform yet since the NFC enabled phone that I'm using is not available right now. But I have a working app using this plugin. 

Make sure you have a written data on your NFC tag/sticker so you will see the output once it is scanned.

Cheers,

Louise