Increase time out for uploading large file.

Increase time out for uploading large file.

Hello,

Getting run time error/timeout when uploading a large file. Happens after 2:00 minutes. 

How do we increase the timeout. Using P10 environment. Thanks

Hi Shawn S,

As the first action in your request put the HTTPRequestHandler.SetRequestTimeout with a timeout bigger than your current timeout of 120 seconds.

This should change the timeout of your current request.

Kind regards,

Remco

Hi Shawn,

You can use SetRequestTimeout action from the HTTPRequestHandler extension. Use it in the beginning of the upload action and set time out parameter in seconds (you can use -1 for no limit, when testing).

Thank you.

Tiago Neves wrote:

Hi Shawn,

You can use SetRequestTimeout action from the HTTPRequestHandler extension. Use it in the beginning of the upload action and set time out parameter in seconds (you can use -1 for no limit, when testing).

Hello,

I am not able to find this server Action. See attached image. I am using P10 environment. Please let where I can find this action.

Thanks.

Solution

Hi Shawn,

On your first image from the Manage Dependencies, in the drop-down on the right choose Show All to see all available actions and then look for the SetRequestTimeout.

Solution

Tiago Neves wrote:

Hi Shawn,

On your first image from the Manage Dependencies, in the drop-down on the right choose Show All to see all available actions and then look for the SetRequestTimeout.

Thank you. I was able to see it.