None of the column headers match with the record attributes

Hello,

I am importing records from excel. This was working fine from last year.

In our QA environment, I started getting this error.


Note: in Import structure I have changed datatypes of four attributes from text to date. In DEV environment it is working fine but we started getting this error after deploying to QA.

Please advice.

Thanks and Regards,

Suraj Borade

Suraj,

You are using the standard Excel To Record List tool? If so, have you made sure that the attribute names of the structure haven't changed, and that the input file does have the attribute names as expected (in other words, that the input isn't corrupted)?

Adding my fix to this thread. I 2 had the same error message. After reading through other threads and following all the instructions, I fixed it by simply deleting the "Excel to record list", and creating a new one.


I had tried recreating the structure, creating a new excel document as some insisted it was a corrupt file, none of which worked. Seems like the actual Excel to record list was porked(somehow).

Solution

Andrew Moke wrote:

Adding my fix to this thread. I 2 had the same error message. After reading through other threads and following all the instructions, I fixed it by simply deleting the "Excel to record list", and creating a new one.


I had tried recreating the structure, creating a new excel document as some insisted it was a corrupt file, none of which worked. Seems like the actual Excel to record list was porked(somehow).

Thanks for posting this. I ran into the same issue. I had copied a "Excel to record list" node from a Server Action, and pasted it into a Screen Action. That's when it stopped working for me. Recreating the "Excel to record list" fixed it.


Solution

I was getting the same error "None of the column headers match with the record attributes" until I found this discussion thread. The suggested solution worked for me too: Delete the "Excel To Record List" step in the action flow, add a new one in its place and set the same properties as the original.

I can't believe this error is still happens after so many years. Thanks guys for sharing the solution.

Well, certain errors are very rare, and very difficult to reproduce, so there's always a trade-off between hunting these rare bugs and delivering new functionality, fixing the less rare bugs etc.

I was also getting the "None of the column headers match with the record attributes" error and found the issue and solution to my problem.

The issue, in my case, was that somehow the Excel to Record list's association with the Structure was not being correctly done.

On the print below, we have no Structure's name, just it's atributes:



By creating a new Structure I was able to get this association correctly:


This was the cause of my error. I hope it helps someone.



Miguel Rocha wrote:

I was also getting the "None of the column headers match with the record attributes" error and found the issue and solution to my problem.

The issue, in my case, was that somehow the Excel to Record list's association with the Structure was not being correctly done.

On the print below, we have no Structure's name, just it's atributes:



By creating a new Structure I was able to get this association correctly:


This was the cause of my error. I hope it helps someone.


This worked. Thanks!