[Advanced Excel] Import data from Excel from specific Row

[Advanced Excel] Import data from Excel from specific Row

Forge Component
(21)
Published on 5 Nov (4 weeks ago) by João Rosado
21 votes
Published on 5 Nov (4 weeks ago) by João Rosado

Hi,

I need to read data from Excel and save to Record List. I was looking in to the AdvancedExcel_Sample and found 'ImportDataFromTemplate' action is apt for my requirement.

I want to consider Header from Row 12 and data from Row 13 from the excel sheet. I debugged the below work flow and ReadCell is reading only one column and I couldn't find  a way to pass values to my record list. I have 10 columns in my worksheet.

Could you please help me to read all the columns and save the data in Record List?

Thanks,

Sandhya.

This extension does not have a "read all columns". You will have to read each column and each row in a cycle.

Thanks for the reply Carlos.

I am able to import excel to outsystems without using extension,that is a simple excel where Header starts on Row 1.

With my other excel(Header starts from Row 12), I am trying with this extension and as per your suggestion, we need to read data from excel to record list first in order to use for each to read each column but  I am not finding way to read data from excel as the excel sheet is not in the format of the Record list which I specified.

Could you help me in getting data from excel to record list or any format which outsystems support so that I can use that list to read each row and column?

Thanks,

Sandhya.

Hi Outsystems team,

Could someone please help me in finding out the solution?

Thanks,

Sandhya.