Export application to Visual Studio

Export application to Visual Studio

Hi, just signed up and completed the old five minute tutorial.  As an experienced .NET developer I now wish to dive into the code that all of this auto-generation has produced, in order to fully evaluate it's usefulness / maintainability / serviceability.  Can somebody point me in the right direction?

Thanks

I think you have to go through OutSystems directly to get the .NET generated by the studio.  I would call their tech support line.

Oh dear!

Hi Adam,

To see the .NET code generated for the tutorial, just follow the instructions in: https://success.outsystems.com/Evaluation/Architecture/4_Application_architecture/2_See_the_code_generated_for_an_app

I am curious why looking into the code will help you to evaluate the usefulness / maintainability / serviceability ?

After all, the usefullness is in service studio, life time and everything else.

One other thing to consider - OutSystems is not a code generator. In general practice you never go to the code to manage it and make changes. The way to consider the code is as an exit strategy. It protects your investment and time into applications. ie.. you become a customer of OutSystems.  You use the platform to create multiple applications over a period of time. For whatever reason, you decide to leave the platform - you are secure in the knowledge that you are not stuck and don't have to build your applications again. You have the source code and can go back to doing things how you do them today.