HOW TO DISABLE THE TEXT BOX TO PREVENT THE ENTERING OF TEXT  IF IT ONLY USES NUMBER

HOW TO DISABLE THE TEXT BOX TO PREVENT THE ENTERING OF TEXT  IF IT ONLY USES NUMBER

I HAVE USED THE INPUT CALENDAR  TO BIND IT TO TEXT BOX,AND I AM USING LOCAL VARIABLE TO BIND IT TO TEXT BOX BUT APART FROM NUMBERS IT ALSO TAKES TEXT CHARACTERS .

SO IN ORDER TO DATES TO BE NON EDITABLE I WANT TO DISABLE THE TEXTBOX WIDGET

BUT I WANT TO FETCH THE RECORDS FROM INPUT CALENDAR ONLY

Solution

Hello Tarun,

One possible approach would be to disable the input and use an icon to open the calendar. This way, there's no way for the user to type into the input. Here's how to achieve this:

1. Go to your input's extended properties and enter "disabled" into the property name. There's no need to inform a value.
  2. Place an icon next to the input and give it a name ("CalendarButton" for example). You can use the "calendar" icon from the RichWidgets eSpace.
  3. Enter the id of your button into the "ButtonWidgetId" property of your Input_Calendar. Using our previous example, you'd have "CalendarButton.Id".
Solution

can you provide me a sample oml regarding this please :) it would be really helpful 

Tarun Kumar wrote:

can you provide me a sample oml regarding this please :) it would be really helpful 

Sure, here you go.

Aurelio Junior wrote:

Tarun Kumar wrote:

Sure, here you go.

Thanx Aurelio . You were Awsm :) you just rock :) its working fine now :)

but the problem with this control is when it disable the text box it does not seem to filter the records??

Tarun Kumar wrote:

Aurelio Junior wrote:

Tarun Kumar wrote:

Sure, here you go.

Thanx Aurelio . You were Awsm :) you just rock :) its working fine now :)