EmailAdressValidate bug?

I'm using the EmailAddressValidate() function and I'm having two problems:

1. First of all, a@b does pass the validation, while a@ isn't - I know that in theory a domain name might not contain a TLD, but in practice it will. And most of the times when you see a regexp for an emailaddress the check for the TLD is there. 
  2. Secondly, the function isn't blue in the Expression editor

Am I doing something or is this a bug of some sort? 

SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

EmailAddressValidate(HealthcareProfessionalForm.Record.User.Email)

The HealthcareProfessionalForm.Record.User.Email has a data type of Email.

Hi Erik-Jan

Regarding the first point, there is a related discussion in the forums addressing it.

The second, yes it's a visual bug in Service Studio. The newer functions that have been added in the recent versions do not appear with the blue color. It's just a visual issue, it does not affect any of the functionality. 

Regards,
João Rosado

Thanks Joao. I've read the other topic, but because the advice is not to accept something like xyz@gmail in a production environment it might be better to have at least a parameter in the function telling OutSystems to also check whether there is a TLD. In my opinion, in the current situation the function is of little practical use. But that's more something for the idea section so I added the issue there. I've searched for a topic over there but couldn't find it. 

Your response concerning the visual bug is clear to me. Thanks.