Getting the cell location

Getting the cell location

Hi Guys.

I Just want to ask how can i get the cell location / cell coordinate using or not using row and column on my table record?

THanks,

Tams

Hi Tams,

I'm not sure what your use case is, or what kind of "coordinate" you'd expect there to be?

Hi Kilian,

I want to get the column and row cell on table record, because i need to save the "asd" value on Column "E" Row "5".

For example. I want to get the location of Column "E" Row "5" on the above image. then save it to the DB/Entity, then how can i display the saved "asd" value to the Column "E" and Row"5" ?

THanks,

Tams

Hi Tams,

Your picture shows part of an Excel sheet, but a TableRecords is no Excel sheet. In Excel, there's just data in a grid, but a TableRecords displays rows of a certain record, and each column is, by definition, associated with a certain Attribute of that record (or, more precisely, an Attribute of a Structure in the Record). There's really no "E5" in a TableRecords widget.

Hi Kilian,

Sorry about the image. i forgot to tell that is just a reference to explain well my question. :)

THanks,

Tams 

Hi Tams,

My remarks still stands. There's no column "E" on the screen, there's only what you put there. As for the row number, you can use the TableRecords1.List.CurrentRowNumber to get it (0-based).

Hi Tams,

If you are really talking about Excel, you can give this extension a try:

http://www.outsystems.com/forge/component/355/advanced-excel/

You have a method available that returns the Excel cell [Cell_ReadByIndex]

Hope it helps you

Daniel Martins wrote:

Hi Tams,

If you are really talking about Excel, you can give this extension a try:

http://www.outsystems.com/forge/component/355/advanced-excel/

You have a method available that returns the Excel cell [Cell_ReadByIndex]

Hope it helps you

Hi Tams,

I agree with Daniel that the Advanced Excel is what you need. Based on your explanation, it seems that you need to put the 'asd' on E5 not find where the 'asd' as in your first question. It has a function that 'puts' value on a specific cell where you just need to supply the x and y (axis) values.

We have previously used this extension in our deployment and I am sure this will work for you.

Regards,

JC

Hi Guys,

i just put an excel image to express what i wanted. its not about the excel matter. but thank you for your effort :)

I think i must try on Mr. Kilian comment.

Thank you so much .