How to pass 'Input variable' to next page that has a 'web block' with a form

How to pass 'Input variable' to next page that has a 'web block' with a form

- I have a webscreen page called 'Actions' with a list of actions

- Besides I have  page called 'ActionsEdit'
     - on this page is a 'Web Block' that contains a form to edit (or create new) action

The logic should be, when someone clicks on a action of the Actions page, he should be redirected to ActionsEdit with the clicked action populated in the form. Therefor I created an input variable at ActionsEdit and i deliver the corresponding actionID from the clicked action.

But now I see that the InputParameter cannot be used in the 'Web Block'. So my question is, how can I use in a Web Block a variable which is living in it's parent object?

Or is their another, better way to deal with input Variables in Web blocks? 

Hi Krooymans,

Are you passing an input parameter in Web Block also?

In order to achieve desired result, you will need input parameter in WebBlock also and value to that input parameter would be passed from Edit screen.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Suraj Borade

Thanks Suraj!

That's what i was thinking as well.. but how to pass the ActionID (which is delivered via a input parameter to the ActionEdit page) to the Web Block?  Because it's not possible to select within the preparation of the Web Block the Input Variable from the parent object...

can you please help me once again?

Solution

Hi Krooymans,

Create one Input parameter inside your Web Block. Then it will give you error message to pass value wherever you are using Web Block. If you are using that Web Block at edit screen, pass ActionID of edit page which you are passing from action of the Actions page.

Flow is like this.

Action Page --> ActionId will be passed to ActionEdit page.

ActionEdit --> ActionId will be passed to Web block.

Then you can use this Input ActionId of WebBlock inside preparation of Web Block.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Suraj Borade

Solution

Many thanks Suraj!  

Now I can use the ActionId in the preparation of the Web Block

-----------------------------Question answered-------------------------------------------------------------