Upgrading Windows Server 2008 to 2012

Hello all,

Our client is currently upgrading it's virtual machines from Windows Server 2008 to Windows Server 2012. Also, the database engine will be upgraded from SQL Server 2008 R2 to SQL Server 2012. These upgrades will be done by cloning the virtual machine and upgrading it, so it will not be a fresh install.

These machines are already running Outsystems platform version

My question is: what actions do i need to perform in order for the Outsystems platform to keep working in this new Windows\SQL Server environment. Do i simply follow the checklist again inputing the new Windows\SQL Server versions, or is it more complicated than that?

João Gomes

Hi João,

No action would be required on the Platform when performing an upgrade of either the operating system or the DB engine.

Naturally, during the upgrade, downtime will occur.

Just a note: upgrading the operating system of a server may cause the Serial Number to change and cause licensing errors stating that the license was issued for a different serial.

In that case, just go to the Licensing Portal, update the Serial Number of the Environment, download the license and upload it in Service Center.

Ok, thank you Ana.
Will be on the look out for the license change.

Best Regards,
João Gomes