[ardoJSON] Examples?

[ardoJSON] Examples?

Forge Component
(21)
Published on 30 Aug by Ricardo Silva
21 votes
Published on 30 Aug by Ricardo Silva

Do you have any example modules showing how to use ardoJSON?

If you take the "Try Now" link in the component page, you'll be lead to a module with examples.

There's a download button there to show you how the example was made.

Are you looking for anything that isn't covered in the example?

Ricardo Silva wrote:

If you take the "Try Now" link in the component page, you'll be lead to a module with examples.

There's a download button there to show you how the example was made.

Are you looking for anything that isn't covered in the example?

I'm a newbie to Outsystems and I'm still struggling with some things. I have several questions. What I want to do is create a common data store for all my applications. I also want to store the data as encrypted and so I was thinking JSON would give me a way to serialize the data, encrypt it, then save it to a table along with a set of keys for filtering. In this way, the calling application can be removed from the details of the database implementation. The way it stands now, the functions to Create, Update, Get, and Delete records are tightly bound to the database structure. That just doesn't seem like a good way to do it. It would be much better in my opinion to have generic data functions to Read, Write, and Delete from tables. I'd like to store metadata in the dataset that can be used to, given the tablename, read a record from the table that describes the keys in the table and this structure is then passed to the generic functions to Read and Write from the tables. 

I'm assuming that in order to do something like this I'm going to have to rely on the SQL widget and build queries on the fly. So here are my questions:

1. Do you think this is a good idea?

2. Is there a way in Outsystems to create a list without reading from the database? 

3. I find it very irritating that when I have a generic foreign key id in my table that Outsystems throws an error about the type of the field not being correct for the id I want to populate it with. Is there a way to workaround this?

Finally, I did download the ardoJSON demo and that was very useful. Thanks. And thanks for writing the extension.