Telegram bot

Hi all,

anybody has experience implementing OutSystems as Telegram bot in .NET ?

Care to share?

thanks all

Hi MK,

What is OutSystems as Telegram bot?

Can you please provide more explanation?

Thanks,

Suraj Borade

I think they refer to this.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

I think they refer to this.

Yes Correct,  hoping to create that using Outsystems 

It seems they have a REST API, as documented here. Anything specific you don't understand how to do with OutSystems?

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

It seems they have a REST API, as documented here. Anything specific you don't understand how to do with OutSystems?

Based On this Website 

https://core.telegram.org/bots/samples

I use .net Library And integrate Using integration studio,

That WORK OK, now in dev studio get dependecies but i stuck with 1st param : this_TelegramBotClient , what value should wE use?

MK,

That's totally the wrong way to do that in OutSystems. You don't need Integration Studio, and you don't want to use .NET. Although I haven't tried it myself, based on a cursory glance at the documentation, the interface can be implemented by using REST calls, using the REST capabilities of the Platform (which you can use from Service Studio).

Hi MK I desagree with Kilian it's not totally wrong, all depends of your architecture, in Brazil a large power company (Cemig) uses the Telegram Bot to provide various services to its customers. The customer has in his cell the Telegram and through Bot communicates directly with a server module to provide duplicate account, claim lack of energy and many other services. The communication is made directly server to server it is using .NET or Java with no problem. So the question of right or wrong, better or worse will depend greatly on the proposal and objective architecture. If you can explain better what you want to do I think we can help you better too.

Alexandre,

The Platform embodies a certain, low code, philosophy. Using .NET while you needn't to do that is not low code, and goes directly into what the Platform stands for. The OP asked how to solve this with the OutSystems Platform. Using Integration Studio is very bad practice in this case!

Hi kilian I know philosophy of platform. You said it is totally wrong to use .NET and I disagree that. As I said earlier depends on the architecture and what is available as the proposed architecture, so I asked the MK details. Depending on the details but it is more advisable to use REST not only a matter of Low code but even to be able to carry the solution for both .NET versions or Java platform. And if for some reason it has greater ease in making integration with .NET or Java instead of REST he can do and will not be committing any sin. I agree with you that it is better to REST if possible, I just did not agree with the "totally wrong." I'm just trying to help. He decides.

Not all viewpoints are equally valid :).

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Not all viewpoints are equally valid :).

Dear all, 

thank you very much for details. the requirement is just to create the bot using OutSystems. I know we can do it with REST API but my friend informed me that it will take a lot of time to implement rather than using the library.

So I tested the library and got stucked.

Tomorrow morning I'll try Mr Hekhuis idea for direct REST API.

Mr. Costa, thanks so much for your support.

I don't think it'll take that much time using REST. It's basically filling in the parameters, afaics.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

I don't think it'll take that much time using REST. It's basically filling in the parameters, afaics.

will do my best , thank you very much.

If you have any questions, just ask them here and I'll see if I can answer them :).