[Silk UI Web] Upgrading to OutSystems 10

[Silk UI Web] Upgrading to OutSystems 10

Forge Component
(47)
Published on 11 Nov (4 weeks ago) by OutSystems Labs
47 votes
Published on 11 Nov (4 weeks ago) by OutSystems Labs

Will there be any updates/changes needed for my SilkUI implementation when upgrading from Development Environment/Platform version 9 to 10?

If so is there a checklist or step by step guide?

Thanks,
Braxton Bragg

Hi Braxton,

You current Silk UI for Platform 9 will be upgraded for 10 and you don't need to change it in any way.

Very soon, Silk UI Web for OutSystems 10 will be available on Forge with some new features, so, there isn't really a checklist, only a regular Forge upgrade.

My regards

Hi Dinis,

Does this mean we can upgrade to P10 without worrying of Silk UI breaking changes?

What about the fact that we will now have two components: a Web and also a Mobile version of Silk UI?

Thanks

Tiago

Tiago,

The current version on your environment will be upgraded for 10, so everything will remain the same.

Upgrading that version for the next one that will be on Forge in the next couple of days will introduce some new features, some deprecated Blocks, but no breaking changes.

Dinis,

My infrastructure is on an on premises installation, so I'm upgrading it myself.

Is Silk for 10 included in P10? I will have to install it myself and I'm worried about breaking changes that seem to happen with all silk updates.

Should I hold off on upgrading to 10 until silk is updated?

It's out there!

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-versions/916/Silk+UI+Web

Braxton wrote:

Dinis,

My infrastructure is on an on premises installation, so I'm upgrading it myself.

Is Silk for 10 included in P10? I will have to install it myself and I'm worried about breaking changes that seem to happen with all silk updates.

Solution

Braxton wrote:

Dinis,

Hi Braxton,

Silk UI Web is out now on Forge and should be installed manually, version 3.0.0 is the one for Platform 10.

We did not introduce any breaking changes, although some mobile patterns are now deprecated, because there is the new Silk UI Mobile also available. We will have a forum post soon with the news on Silk UI for OutSystems 10.

Thank you

Solution