Noobs question - how do I code events?

Noobs question - how do I code events?

Hi all.

I tried watching tutorials, but was unable to find one that was helpful.

I created a simple application were I could create tasks with three properties. Description, start date and end date. I can create new tasks and edit them, all goes swell.

But how do I make it so when a task is out of date something happens? How do i make it so the task that is out of date re-insterted as a new task with a prefix to the previous title?

Thank you.

Hi Yaser,

You can create a Timer that executes an action that does that for you. You can configure the timer to run every day.

In you action (under Logic) you can query all expired applications and create the new ones based on the old.

Hope that helps.

Awesome, now I need a Tutorial that explains where I find each of those things you named, and how to use them in a step-by-step fashion. You know any good tutorial? Tried myself, kinda feels hopeless.

I am myself a veteran visual basic.net and c# programmer, so I can code if needed.

Nuno Rolo wrote:

Hi Yaser,

You can create a Timer that executes an action that does that for you. You can configure the timer to run every day.

In you action (under Logic) you can query all expired applications and create the new ones based on the old.

Hope that helps.

The timer you can find in the Service Studio under Process tab. 

The action is created under the Logic tab also in Service Studio.

I found the Timer, and created one. 

Would love instruction on how to perform "In you action (under Logic) you can query all expired applications and create the new ones based on the old.".

I see the Logic tab. 

Now what?

In that tab you need to create an action, that makes what you want. The timer will execute the action you created.

Created an action:

Connected it to the timer:

How do I make the action do something?

Did you checked all the available videos and exercises here?

I advise you to view all the videos and do the exercises. It will all make sense after that.

Great link, I will check it out! Thank you!