Web Application upload File in handphone

Web Application upload File in handphone

Hi there, 

i am a newbie for the outsystem P 10.. 

I have succeeded to upload file in computer directory to entity (in a web application), but when i open the application in the mobile hp using outsystems now (installed in the handphone Samsung Note 3), i cannot upload neither the picture in gallery nor the picture i take from camera when i clcik the upload file widget..

Is it possible to upload image from handphone (which is installed outsystems now), but the application is web application, not mobile application? thank you.

regards, indra

Hi Indra,

Both uploads should work fine, on mobile and web application.

Thank you, Sir, 

I retry and find that the app can upload from the gallery. However, if i take a picture from camera directly, the file name is not shown in the choose file after i click save in the camera .. it shows "No file chosen"....

How to get the filename of the picture to the Choose File widget? tq  

Hi ofast, can you share your online? I could take a look at what goes wrong.

Hi ofast,

Just to clarify. You created a web responsive application and used the upload widget? Or are you using the camera plugin? Not sure I understood that correctly. Furthermore, it is working correctly on the browser, but not when using OutSystems Now right?

Also, can you share your module so that we can better troubleshoot what your issue might be?

Kind regards,

Ricardo Alves

=== My PC

1. I create a web responsive app 

2. I open the web in computer and i can upload image from my folder

=== My Samsung Note 3

1. I installed Outsystems Now from app store in my samsung note 3

2. I run my web app in there and i can open from my image gallery 

3. Unfortunately, i fail when take picture from camera directly.. the file upload button shows no file chosen... but now it works.. using extended properties accept: "image/*" and capture: "camera"

===

Now, i come into another question:

Is it possible to have one file upload for both - get from gallery and also take directly from camera?

tq

best regards

Hi ofast,

According from what I read on the web (I don't have an Android), it should alreadty be possible to upload an image from your gallery or camera with the options you added.

<input type="file" accept="image/*" capture="camera">

This method works on all platforms. On desktop it will prompt the user to upload an image file from the file system (ignoring capture="camera"). In Safari on iOS it will open up the camera app, allowing you to capture an image and then send it back to the web page; on Android it will give the user the choice of which app to use to capture the image before sending it back to the web page.

But I assume that you've tried it and it doesn't work as hoped.

You can create a popup question for the enduser where you ask whether he want to use the gallery or the camera, depending on the answer from the enduser you can add/remove the "capture: camera" part to the upload file widget.

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga

Thank you Sir,

In my Samsung Note the camera pop up when i use the extended property. If not use the extended property, there is choice to use galery, camera, etc, but doesn't work for camera.

How to manipulate (remove) the extended property dynamically?

Remco Dekkinga wrote:

Hi ofast,

According from what I read on the web (I don't have an Android), it should alreadty be possible to upload an image from your gallery or camera with the options you added.

<input type="file" accept="image/*" capture="camera">

This method works on all platforms. On desktop it will prompt the user to upload an image file from the file system (ignoring capture="camera"). In Safari on iOS it will open up the camera app, allowing you to capture an image and then send it back to the web page; on Android it will give the user the choice of which app to use to capture the image before sending it back to the web page.

But I assume that you've tried it and it doesn't work as hoped.

You can create a popup question for the enduser where you ask whether he want to use the gallery or the camera, depending on the answer from the enduser you can add/remove the "capture: camera" part to the upload file widget.

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga

Hi ofast,

You don't need to remove the extended property. You only need to change the value of the property.

Try the following:

Extended Propery: capture

Value: if(useCamera, "camera", "")

This should work.

Kind regards,

Remco

Solution

Remco Dekkinga wrote:

Hi ofast,

You don't need to remove the extended property. You only need to change the value of the property.

Try the following:

Extended Propery: capture

Value: if(useCamera, "camera", "")

This should work.

Kind regards,

Remco

hi tq, i just remove the capture property, but the accept still there..and it works.

Solution