Unable to Publish .oap file from Forge

Unable to Publish .oap file from Forge

Hi Team,

I have installed Platform server version 10.0.105.0 and Installed Development Environment version 10.0.105.0, and tried to publish .oap file of sample application from forge.

But, I am unable to publish it and i am getting following error:

"Unable to open Service Studio registry key in controller node. Upgrade was unable to proceed"

Kindly help me on this.

Regards,

Swaroop Mutalik

Solution

Hi Swaroop,

This situation usually occurs when you are installing a .oap file that needs to be upgraded (e.g. it was created/saved in a previous version of OutSystems - 9.0 or 9.1, for example).

Please check the appropriate section below, if you are using Windows or Linux for the Platform Server.

.Net/Windows:

• Did you also install Development Environment in the server? Development Environment is required to be installed in the server, so that files can be automatically upgraded when publishing.
  • If you have successfully installed Development Environment in the server and you are still getting this issue, it could mean that IIS is not being able to read Windows registry to read the necessary keys. If that is the case, please post more information about the user configured to run the "Outsystems Applications" application pool in IIS, so that we can try and pinpoint the problem.

Java/Linux:

• Currently, the Java/Linux stack does not support automatic upgrades
  • The easiest solution is to contact the owner(s) of that application in the forge, ask for an upgraded version and wait for it to be available. However, this isn't always an option, so if you can't afford the wait, you will have to use the workaround provided below.

Workaround:

• Login to http(s)://<your server>/ServiceCenter
  • Publish the .oap - there will be some errors, because the server will not be able to upgrade the modules, but you can ignore them for now - do not close the publication report
  • Using Integratio Studio, connect to your server, download, open and upgrade any extensions that exist in the .oap (you can check their names from the publication report from above) - don't forget to publish them after they have been upgraded.
  • Using Development Environment, connect to your server, download, open and upgrade the modules that exist in the .oap (you can check their names from the publication report from above) - don't forget to publish them after they have been upgraded.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Ricardo Marques

Solution

Hi Ricardo,

It worked for us.

Thanks a lot for the kind help.

Regards,

Swaroop