[BulkInsert] Running into problem while using upload with BulkInsert

[BulkInsert] Running into problem while using upload with BulkInsert

Forge Component
(5)
Published on 2015-11-24 by João Pedro Abreu
5 votes
Published on 2015-11-24 by João Pedro Abreu

I have a simple upload widget with a button action. In the action, I have a excel to record list function and then the BulkInsert action. In BulkInsert action I am passing :

ToObject(ExcelToRecordList1)

as RecordList and 

"TT"

as TableName which is the table I want to insert the data in

I am getting an error saying : Cannot access destination table "TT"

Solution

Hi Rupinder,

Is TT the name of an entity in OutSystems, or the name of the table in your database?

BulkInsert expect the TableName to be the name of the table in your database, which is usually the entity's name with a prefix generated by the OutSystems platform.

If you are trying to insert into an external table, not managed by the platform, then you should check if your platform's runtime user (usually called OSRUNTIME) has permissions to access that table.

Solution

João Pedro Abreu wrote:

Hi Rupinder,

Is TT the name of an entity in OutSystems, or the name of the table in your database?

BulkInsert expect the TableName to be the name of the table in your database, which is usually the entity's name with a prefix generated by the OutSystems platform.

If you are trying to insert into an external table, not managed by the platform, then you should check if your platform's runtime user (usually called OSRUNTIME) has permissions to access that table.

Thanks João