Manage Dependancies : Entities > Database (missing)

Manage Dependancies : Entities > Database (missing)

I follow the instructions below but my : "Entities > Database" options are missing. 

How do I create / install them ? Where did I miss the instruction to create them ?

Please help

Create a List Screen
Add references to the To Do Core entities that will be used in the list.
a) Click the ‘Manage Dependencies…’ icon.
b) In the Manage Dependancies dialogue, select the "ToDo_Core" module on the left and then tick all        Database entries 

are your tables set to public?

if not, they cannot be referenced

Also make sure the dropdown on top says "Show All", it may be filtering your options.

J. wrote:

Hi Joao,

I think you are on the right track, but I don't even have tables ?

João Rosado wrote:

Also make sure the dropdown on top says "Show All", it may be filtering your options.

Yes, it says "Show all"

J. wrote:

Hi Joao, I realized I missed the data exercise. Did that but have a new problem :  I must have made a mistake somewhere. This message pops up : Database Integrity Suggestion : Inconsistent database table and entity definitions: column 'OSUSR_j84_ToDo.CREATEDATE' exists in database, but there is no corresponding attribute in entity 'ToDo'. And also : Outdated Consumer : 
Consumer module 'ToDo' is outdated. Please help

Hi,

It's just 2 warnings, none of them problematic.

The first one means that at some point there was an attibute called CREATEDATE in the ToDo entity. One of the platform features is that you don't "lose" any data by mistake, so collumns are kept in the database until you explicitly decide to delete them. There is a forge component to do this type of cleanup without having access to the database.

The second tells you that you have a module called ToDo that needs to be republished to be affected the changes you did on that module. It's just a warning to remember to do it.
In other words that warning means "You just published ToDo_Core, but to see these changes in ToDo you need to publish ToDo again".

Regards,
João Rosado

João Rosado wrote:

Hi,

It's just 2 warnings, none of them problematic.

The first one means that at some point there was an attibute called CREATEDATE in the ToDo entity. One of the platform features is that you don't "lose" any data by mistake, so collumns are kept in the database until you explicitly decide to delete them. There is a forge component to do this type of cleanup without having access to the database.

The second tells you that you have a module called ToDo that needs to be republished to be affected the changes you did on that module. It's just a warning to remember to do it.
In other words that warning means "You just published ToDo_Core, but to see these changes in ToDo you need to publish ToDo again".

Regards,
João Rosado

Thanks João, 

This is really helpful !

much appreciated :)

Willem

Hi João, 

I am now at instruction #3(b) List and detail screen . I don't know what is meant by : "Select the expression created in the previous exercise and delete it." - does it mean I must go to Filters and delete "ToDo.UserId = GetUserId()" from the previous instruction ?  

Consequently I am not sure my Widget tree corresponds correctly to instruction 3(x)

Please help. Willem