[eMail Services] send emails from 2 different smtp servers

[eMail Services] send emails from 2 different smtp servers

Forge Component
(1)
Published on 2010-12-22 by André Vieira
1 vote
Published on 2010-12-22 by André Vieira

Hello there.

I'm trying to use this module to be implemented in an app i'm developing on OS 9.1.

I want to send emails from 2 different SMTP servers, since the service center only allows me to configure 1 SMTP server. I tried to use the module but i was unsuccesfull.

Is this module the "cure" to my "illness"?

Thank you in advance.

Hi Rafael,

I believe that you could in fact use this module for the explained purpose. Nonetheless, please be aware that the component "eMail Services" was built before the embedded "Send Email" operation (available in the platform).

Cheers,

José Martins

Hello José,

Thank you for your reply.

So, what you mean is that i can't use the "Send Email" operation because it will override the logic behind the "eMail Services" module?

Is there another way to do what i want with the "Send Email" operation?

Best regards,

Rafael Valente

Solution

Hi Rafael,

You can use the "eMail Services" module, in particular, the public action "Email_Send" for sending an email several times (with distinct SMTP servers).

Nonetheless, please notice that the latest version of the component was developed using the OS platform 5.1, which means that it will require some additional effort from your side to "clean" the obsolete code from the component.

As you can see, this issue was already raised in a previous post (http://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/14628/is-this-component-still-okay-for-the-platform-9/).

Any issue with it, please don't hesitate!

Cheers,

José Martins

Solution

Hello again José,

I understand the constraints of this problem. 

Nevertheless, i will try to implement this and give future feedback.

Thank you for your replies.

Best regards,

Rafael Valente