Version 10 - Breaking changes

Version 10 - Breaking changes

So, P10 is out and all, but there are a couple of missing (and really important IMHO) documents, such as the breaking changes and the change log.

Will these documents be available shortly?

Best regards,

PC

It's no longer a document, but a webpage. I'm pretty sure I read it somewhere quite recently, but can't find it...

Thx Tiago

The searches I've done wouldn't return this

Best regards,

PC

Hi Tiago! Good find! :)

We're working on a new Release Notes area that will include the breaking changes documents.

Hi everyone, 

May I know how you guys get a workaround the List.Current? Its #2 on the list on the given link above.

I got a syntax error whenever I use it. 

Hi jgab,

I'm not sure what you mean. #2 is basically a bug fix. What specific problem do you have?

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi jgab,

I'm not sure what you mean. #2 is basically a bug fix. What specific problem do you have?

Hi Kilian,

Before the bug fix was introduced, my app actually works as expected, when the bug fix was deployed, my app just crashed. (having that unusual behavior because the error states Syntax Error: Illegal break. . .)

However, I spent some time figuring out the solution because based on the workaround stated, you just have to check the logic but yeah, determining which part is causing the trouble cost me hours on debugging.

It's actually a bit challenging though if you're in OS Mobile. (or maybe, I am just a bit new to it.)

Hi jgab,

I've never seen a "Syntax Error: Illegal break" error. How did you conclude that this specific bug fix causes this? It seems to be not very likely. This specific bug fix just means that Attributes of a Structure get their default value in the Current of an empty List, instead of the .NET defaults. So if you e.g. specified "1" as the default value of a certain Integer Attribute, the .Current of an Empty List also has "1" as value, instead of the default value of "0".