delete expression - List and Detail Screens Exercise

delete expression - List and Detail Screens Exercise

Hi , I do not understand how to do delete the expression  Where do I now find the expression "ToDo.UserId = GetUserId()" in this screen ? It cannot be done as instructed in List and Detail Screen Exercise Part 1 Exercise 3(b). Please help (see file attached)

Solution

Hi Willem,

You can do it as it is instructed, here is a step by step on how to do it on your ToDo.oml:

1- Switch to the Interface tab and open the ToDos screen

2- On the "GetTodos" aggregate (double-click), go to Filter tab and delete your expression

Hope it helps you.

Cheers,

Tiago Oliveira

Solution

Thank you Tiago.

Much appreciated !   

Hi, I have completed the instructions of Edit a Detail Screen : Part 2 : instruction 2 (s) and 2(t) of  List and Detail Screen Exercise But am concerned about my True Change errors. Please have a look at it and tell me how to correct them ? ??

Hi Tiago, the previous message / request was meant for you. See my toDo.oml file attached. Please help. Regards

Willem

Hi Willem,

To see where the errors are occurring, just double-click on top of them.

For instance the first error that you find on the list, its because you just erase the condition text, not actually the condition itself. you need to delete the condition if it is empty (trash icon):

I think you can resolve your errors by knowing you can see where they are happening.

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Cheers,

Tiago Oliveira

Just a tip to resolve the other errors. To assign this is wrong:

And this is the right way:

And try to use the drop down when selecting values, they almost every time have the pretended value.

Hi Tiago, I have deleted the expression as instructed by the exercise - but I think that is exactly the cause of the  error (s) in True Change.

Willem Norval wrote:

Hi Tiago, I have deleted the expression as instructed by the exercise - but I think that is exactly the cause of the  error (s) in True Change.

Hi Willem,

I don't think so, did you tried to fix all the errors? by double-clicking, and see the actually error?

Hi Tiago,

Yes, I managed to solve most of them - but still have two errors. 

These two errors may seem obvious but I don't know how to fix them :

Unused Element : Input Parameter 'ToDoId' is never used in Screen 'ToDos'

Unused Action : ListItem1OnClick action is never used in 'ToDos'

Please see if you can help me there.

Hi Willem,

The first error is the same kind of the "Assign" errors you had before.

These assignment is wrong:

You have 2 field to fill for each variable you want to assign, Variable and Value, and you are only filling the Value of one of them with all the information. This is the right way:

Can you understand this logic? This way you are assigning values to two variables:

• Input_DueDate.Valid (with the value False)
  • Input_DueDate.ValidationMessage (with the value "Due Date cannot be in the past.")

Cheers,

Tiago Oliveira