Deployment Failed  (when will it be back up?) (is Outsystems PE reliable??)

Deployment Failed  (when will it be back up?) (is Outsystems PE reliable??)

I'm fairly new to outsystems and evaluating it for our company.  

So far I've had a bunch of issues today with failed deployments.  Does this speak to the expected reliability with this platform?!?!  What is the usual uptime for PEs?

Apparently my Deployment server is down and I have no way to restart it.  It's been like this for a few hours.

This status page shows Deployment is down, and Environment Health has an issue.

https://_____.outsystemscloud.com/ServiceCenter/Status_Entry.aspx

This is the error form Service Studio:

Error message from node SERVER (127.0.0.1): Deployment failed

Deployment failed. Could not invoke ping. Exception: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()

at #CBc.#0Bc.#aCc.#3Bc(String espaceName, String ptaOrTenantName)

CompModule : Broadcast Message

Solution

Hi David,

Sorry to see you hit this issue deploying your code. We have just recovered your deployment service, you should be able to continue your Outsystems evaluation.

Your application AppPoll has stopped causing this side effect. We are still evaluating the root cause and understand why the self-healing didn't occur.

Regards,

Hugo Fragoso

Solution

Thank you, can you please let me know what you find out?

Having our application going down for a day and not being able to do anything about it would be a deal breaker.  Especially if it was just a service that needed to be restarted.

Is there anything I could have done differently myself?

Thanks,

David

Dear All,

I am going through the training exercise and i have the same error, can you please restart my AppPoll, i have been facing this for more than 24 hours so obviously the self-healing did not work in my case as well

Rabih Kharma wrote:

Dear All,

I am going through the training exercise and i have the same error, can you please restart my AppPoll, i have been facing this for more than 24 hours so obviously the self-healing did not work in my case as well

Your service has been restored. We are working on a permanent fix for this issue. This issue does not affect Enterprise Customer Infrastructures.

Regards,

Hugo Fragoso

Unfortunately i am still getting the same error when i try to deploy my application. 

Deployment failed. Could not invoke ping. Exception: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

And i have the following error on the platform

Dear Hugo,

The self healing appears to be working but my problem is not resolved. I saw that the platform Heath status has been updated to OK, but when i try to deploy I get the same error and the environment health status changes back to "" . I tired this two times today so my deployment is somehow crashing the deployment service.

Can i un-publish my entire application and re-publish it again.

Regards

Hello,

My personal environment is with that problem too, the deployment service is down. 

Can I use this thread to ask for help? 

Error:

Deployment failed. Could not invoke ping. Exception: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

Best Regards,

Bruno Reis

Hi Everyone,

I am evaluating the platform as well. I have heard good things of it, however I am having the Service Unavailable (503) error on my environment. I have emailed success@outsystems.com, but have not recieved a reply. Is this where I can get a fix for this issue?

Regards,

CLSJ

Same issue here. When I go to Monitoring -> Environment Health, Deployment has an x and indicates the service could not be reached. Everything else has a checkmark.