Shake Plugin Not Working

Hello

I am trying to include the shake plugin on a mockup app, but I am unable to get it to work.

The OnShake event handler is never fired, and when calling the CheckShakePlugin action i get an error 2 with the "Barcode Plugin is unavailable" error message. While I don't think this is related to the barcode plugin, I tried incorporating it into my app and I can successfully work with it, but get the same error with the CheckShakePlugin action.

Can someone give me a hint on what I might be doing wrong?

Hello Ricardo.

What kind of device are you using, iOS or Android? Can you provide an OML so we can help?

Thanks

Hello César.

I'm using Android 4.4.2, and I've included the OML to this message.

Hello Ricardo.

Missing attach.

That's weird... if I view the message on edit mode, it shows me it has an attachment.

I'll include it on this one as well.

Edit: The same thing happened on this message. I can view the attachment present, but on the board itself the attachment disappears.

Here is a link to the OML: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6542909/MyMobileApp.oml

Hello Ricardo.

The attached appeared after a couple of minutes. I was able to run it and the Shake works (gives a message with "BarCode Status: Available   Shake Status: Available).

To isolate the problem, can you:

1. Create an empty application;
  2. Reference the ShakePlugin;
  3. Place a button on your layout with the OnClick pointing to a ClientAction that just checks the plugin.
  4. Generate an Android application (you must test in a generated application, in the preview in devices it will not work);

This simple flow should look something like this:

Let me know if it works in the simple app.

Thanks.

"you must test in a generated application"

Does this mean this won't work in the Outsystems Now application? I tried installing the application from the generated APK, but I couldn't open the APK even though i'm allowing applications from unknown sources. Both me and a coworker had this issue, and was why  I installed the Outsystems Now application in the first place.

Hello Ricardo.

The Shake Plugin is not included in the OutSystems Now tool because it's not currently supported. The list of supported plugins (that are also included in OutSystems Now) can be found here.

What error do you have installing your application? Does it also happen if you create a clean application with just the Shake Plugin?

Thanks

I just get a generic "Could not open file" error, and yes, this happens both with the supplied OML and with a clean application.

César Afonso wrote:

Hello Ricardo.

The Shake Plugin is not included in the OutSystems Now tool because it's not currently supported. The list of supported plugins (that are also included in OutSystems Now) can be found here.

What error do you have installing your application? Does it also happen if you create a clean application with just the Shake Plugin?

Thanks

Hi César,

Are you saying that only the default supported plugins work on Outsystems Now and for other (newly developed) plugins we should create our own native app that runs on our phones?

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga

César, I found the answer in the link you sent: Community supported plugins: These plugins are also available on the forge, and are supported by our community. You’ll need to build your own native version of the application in order to test the plugin. The application will still run on OutSystems Now, but the plugin will not be available until you install the app on your device.

Kind regards,

Remco

Ricardo,

If you download the apk to your desktop and install from there, what happens? What's the size of the APK? Both your devices are 4.4.2? Can you try a different device?

Thanks

César Afonso wrote:

Ricardo,

If you download the apk to your desktop and install from there, what happens? What's the size of the APK? Both your devices are 4.4.2? Can you try a different device?

Thanks

I found out why I couldn't install the APK. Apparently, Android won't launch the installer if you try to open the APK file either through the notification area, or the download manager. You have to open it directly through the file manager.

After this, I've managed to successfully install the APK, thanks for the tips Cesar!

Hello Ricardo.

Great news!

Good luck with the apps :)