Check File Finish Uploaded to Database Oracle

Check File Finish Uploaded to Database Oracle

Hi, i want to upload a file to an Oracle table (blob) using File Upload widget and after finish the upload i want to run a job  to process the blob. My question is.. is it guaranteed that after CreateorUpadate Action, the file has been inserted completely in the table so i can put the job process there? Or is there a better way in my case? thank you.

Hi ofast,

You need a CommitTransaction after the CreateOrUpdate to be certain that the file is inserted and accesible from another process. However, if you're kicking of the timer, then ending the action you process the upload in, in practice you won't need it.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi ofast,

You need a CommitTransaction after the CreateOrUpdate to be certain that the file is inserted and accesible from another process. However, if you're kicking of the timer, then ending the action you process the upload in, in practice you won't need it.

Thank you, 

so it is guaranteed that when the action flow enters MYJOB, the record had been inserted fully (not partially)?

Solution

Yes, it is. It may be cached by the database, so a database power loss or crash could cause problems, but if MYJOB is an action that reads the FASTME table, it is guaranteed all the data is there.

Solution

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Yes, it is. It may be cached by the database, so a database power loss or crash could cause problems, but if MYJOB is an action that reads the FASTME table, it is guaranteed all the data is there.

ok tq sir