Outsystem License

Currently my company has 3 license, don't know much detail about it, but  our current framework is:

Server 1 (Frontend & SQL) : Development

Server 2 (Frontend & SQL) : Test 

Server 3 (Frontend & SQL) : Production (Client1,Client2,Client3,and so on...)

Now we have been putting all the client into production server and we are wondering if we could do following framework:

Server 1 (Frontend & SQL) : Development

Server 2 (Frontend & SQL) : Test

Server 3 (Frontend & SQL) : Production for Client 1

Server 4 (Frontend & SQL) : Production for Client 2

Server 5 (Frontend & SQL) : Production for Client 3 and so on...

And when its time to role out the new version, we will just use life time to push to Server 3,4,5,and so on...

Now because we already pay for production license thus could we use the same license and create multiple production servers without extra cost? I would understand of total number of SU and Users would accumulate.

Hello David,

If you already have an OutSystems subscription license, I would strongly recommend to reach out to your OutSystems Account Manager to evaluate the best licensing schema for your needs. Alternatively, you can contact our sales teams using the website contact us form.

Cheers

The decision/negotiation isn't my decision.

We are in the stage to evaluate outsystems. Its great, fast development, but also pricy (that is what I heard from my boss)

He pretty much just letting me to decide, I mean, alternatively, we could go PHP or Ruby or traditional .NET/C#

Without having much worrying about paying extra license.

If we have to purchase multiple licenses for each server instances (per client), then cost is going to add up.

So I am just hoping someone know.

Hello David,

The answer really is: "it depends".

You need to ask your boss to engage directly with an OutSystems Sales Engineer who can understand the details of what you are planning to do with OutSystems, and guide you on the pricing implications of the different architecture decisions.

Joao

and tbh, it seems a bit heavy to have 1 frontend + database for each client.

(that is a reason multi-renancy is created by Outsystems)