passing URL with session variables when changing locale

Hello guys!

I am having troubles dealing with URL and passing session variables when changing the locale of page.

This is the URL that I have when entering the page:

When changing locale I am using HTTPRequestHandler function GetRawURL which basically takes the URL without session IDs and here is the result of that (page refreshes without session variables therefore I get empty tables etc.) : 

I saw the function GetEntryURL but I am not quite sure how to use it properly.

Maybe someone could explain how to use it properly or  is there any other way how to get the whole URL including all session variables when changing locale.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Marius,

Can you explain what is happening exactly?

The images don't work anymore and when changing the locale, the session is not changed, therefore I wonder why you need a url incl. all the session variables?

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga

Remco Dekkinga wrote:

Hi Marius,

Can you explain what is happening exactly?

The images don't work anymore and when changing the locale, the session is not changed, therefore I wonder why you need a url incl. all the session variables?

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga

Hello Remco,

sorry about images. The URL I get when entering is this : 

https://speak.lightsideoftheforce.org/pt/SpeakFE/RegistrationFlow.TeacherRegistrationQuiz.aspx?TeacherId=699&SurveyId=7&TeacherSurveyStatusId=526&(Not.Licensed.For.Production)=

This the window I want to show:

When I change locale, URL I get is this: https://speak.lightsideoftheforce.org/en/SpeakFE/TeacherRegistrationQuiz.aspx

In this case I need everything passed, because data I'm showing there is from database and all I get with URL after changes is this:

Hope I'm being clear enough.

Thanks!

Hi Marius,

I see that you have the locale as part of your url and by changing that part, the locale is changed in OS.

Changing the locale via the dropdown will redirect the current url to a new url where you change the locale in the url.

When you use the system function 

GetBookmarkableURL()

You will get the complete current URL including the parameters. If you change only the locale in this string, you can redirect to the new URL and everything should work fine.

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga

Hello, Remco.

Sorry for not responding for a while. Thanks for the advice!

Even tho it is quite different from what I need, this gives me a good direction.

Thanks a lot!