P10: Multilingual support gone on Mobile?

P10: Multilingual support gone on Mobile?

I have noticed that multilingual is gone on Mobile Apps on P10. Is there any alternative way to do this that I am not aware of? If not, what would be the best approach to make a mobile app with multilingual support now?

Hello Guilherme,

Multilingual is not implemented in mobile yet. We wanted to release all the new mobile goodies as soon as possible, so we had to leave some of the web capabilities to implement further down the road.

The good news is that we'll be releasing a forge component to help you with multilingual. In the next couple of weeks, we will publish the component and instructions that will give you a solid approach to build multilingual mobile apps. Does that work for you?

Cheers,
R

Thank you for the quick reply Rodrigo, that will do just fine =) 

Rodrigo Coutinho wrote:

Hello Guilherme,

Multilingual is not implemented in mobile yet. We wanted to release all the new mobile goodies as soon as possible, so we had to leave some of the web capabilities to implement further down the road.

The good news is that we'll be releasing a forge component to help you with multilingual. In the next couple of weeks, we will publish the component and instructions that will give you a solid approach to build multilingual mobile apps. Does that work for you?

Cheers,
R

Hi Rodrigo,

Could not find the multi-language for mobile forge component yet.

Do you know when it will be released ?

Cheers,

Pedro Moita

Hello Pedro,

The component is currently being tested and we plan to release it early next month. If you'd like to be a part of our beta process and start using the component right now, DM me your email address and we'll get you set up.

Thanks!
R

Solution

Hello all,

The multilingual component for mobile has been released! You can find it here.

Thanks to everyone for helping us test and launch it!

Cheers,
R

Solution

We are currently developing an application that has a web and mobile version. From our understanding, the mechanism for supporting multi language is distinct for the two platforms which requires the development of two separate solutions. 

Is there any solution available or to be released that supports both platforms (web and mobile)?

Hi Marta,

I agree with you regarding the distinct mechanisms to support multi language. If they were similiar was better. 

But in anyway, you required to develop two separate solutions to web and mobile version. This is required because in P10 we have 2 kinds of applications and the UI for web and mobile could not be shared.

Hello Marta,

You are correct. For the time being, you need to use two separate solutions to implement multilingual for your applications. 

A unified solution is part of our vision, but currently we don't have a timeline for it...

Cheers,
R

Rodrigo Coutinho wrote:

Hello Marta,

You are correct. For the time being, you need to use two separate solutions to implement multilingual for your applications. 

A unified solution is part of our vision, but currently we don't have a timeline for it...

Cheers,
R

Thank you for your answer Rodrigo.

Cheers