users & roles - without access

users & roles - without access

Guys,

I was preparing the system and when I tried to create a role to restrict part of it I discovered that I don´t have access to the users & roles that are on lifetime now. Is it serious ?  How can I prepare a systems without user & roles ?  I remember I had access to them previously.

Luck

Now I am confuse... 

Using ApplicationSwitcher I entered in the user application and I saw some applications and ways to include users and roles (in this case groups). It is missing applications in this list but now I don´t know from where is being managed users and roles... someone have some idea ?  See part of my screen attached

Solution

With all Outsystems environments there are two groups of users - Lifetime users and application users.  They are completely different.  Assuming you are using the Personal Environment you are only allowed one user - the one you created the environment with.  You cannot create additional Lifetime users.

Your screen shot shows the view of application users, on the users tab of that screen.  This is managed by the Users eSpace which is automatically made available to your application.  You can create, edit and delete users from that tab.  To create roles, you must create them in the actual application - they cannot be created dynamically.  This link -
https://success.outsystems.com/Evaluation/Security/02_Security_of_OutSystems_applications/03_Role-based_access_control_for_OutSystems_applications - will explain in more detail.

Hope this helps,

Curt

Solution

Great Curt

Thanks

Luck