[Transpose Table] Use in my own project

[Transpose Table] Use in my own project

Forge Component
(2)
Published on 2014-10-22 by André Vieira
2 votes
Published on 2014-10-22 by André Vieira

Probably a very simple question, but how can I use this in my own project? I downloaded the application, included it in my own application enviroment, but now I want to transpose a table in my own application, how can I activate the rich widget?

Thanks,
Joost

Hi Joost,

Did you check the details of the component?

"Just place the Table Records inside the placeholder. All first column cells will become the table headers, i.e. the table is transposed."

Have you tried this? If you did then probably there's some error with the component. You can check the browser console for some javascript error.

Cheers

Thanks for your quick reply.

Where can I find that placeholder? I don't see it in the right-mouse menu under Insert Widget, I also don't see it in the hierarchy on the right under Rich Widgets.

So where is it? Do I need to import it somewhere?

Joost,

Find the block on the tree on the right of the dev environment, it should be under TransposeTable > Widget Flow > ... (something like that, I don't remember by heart). Drag it to the page. The widget has a placeholder for you to put the TableRecords widget. Simply drag the TableRecords to that placeholder.

OK, I found it. I first had to copy the TransposeTableFlow from your module to mine and then the placeholder is in that flow. So I could drag it from there to my screen.

Thanks for your help.

You don't need to copy. You should "reference" the module you download from the forge. Check this out https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/10/Getting_Started/Use_a_Component_Made_by_the_Community

Ah, thanks.

I was looking for something like this in the Forge FAQ.