[IdP] Can not upgrade IdP app to v10

[IdP] Can not upgrade IdP app to v10

Forge Component
(11)
Published on 16 Nov (2 weeks ago) by Ricardo Gonzaga
11 votes
Published on 16 Nov (2 weeks ago) by Ricardo Gonzaga

I'm running into multiple compile errors when attempting to upgrade the SAML_Utils extension to v10 (.net 4.6). Can someone on this team produce a v10 version of this IdP component from Forge? (or the Okta app if that's easier).

Thanks.

Hi John,

I also had this experience when trying to upgrade to P10.

It has to be with some libraries that are being referenced multiple times and with the .Net Framework used.

Can you confirm if you are using .Net or Java? I will upload a P10 version soon.

Thank you,

Confirming using .Net only.

Hi John,

Just to inform you that I have uploaded a new and improved version into forge. Please upgrade and let me know if you have any issue.

Regards,

Hi Ricardo,

Thanks very much for the updated code.  And the addition of sha256, too.

I'm still having a difficulties, which may be setup issues. Your instructions do not detail a couple of parameters, could you tell me what the setting are for:

1. The image assigns, "set Sessions's RedirectURL" right before the SSO_isActive check. I don't have a Session.RedirectURL.  Could you show me both sides of that equation?

2. The iDP_SSO_URL action has two input parameters (OriginalURL and LoginEntryPoint).  Could you detail those settings?

Thanks for all of your help.

JB

Hi,

Upon further exploration of the P10 component, I don't think the SAML_Utils extension is working. While debugging, I'm not seeing returned data from SAML_Request_Encode action. I attempted to recompile it, but again I ran into version issues with .net framework. I'm stuck and I don't think this module is functional at the moment.

Thanks

Hi John,

thank you for your feedback. In my tests with the connector I did not need to use the encode function as my IdP provider don't require a SAML request. Probably there is something different in the .NET version that broke that action. I will check it soon and provide you a new version if needed.

Also, I will provide you a better example of how to integrate your app with the IdP connector.

Regards,

Hi John.

About your first two questions, here is more details:

This assign is saving the URL that the user was trying to access, so we can redirect the user back to this original request when he is logged in.

OriginalURL - This is passing the Original URL that the user tried to access.

LoginEntryPoint - this is the URL of the login page of your application, and can be used if there is any issue when trying to use the IdP (optional)

About your second post, I assumed that the function that was not working is SAML_COMPRESS.

I already fixed it and published a new version in forge.

Pleas let me know the results,

Regards,