Open Pop Up from another Pop Up

Open Pop Up from another Pop Up

Hello,

I'm trying to open a Popup from another Popup using the Popup_Editor widget only, and without the second Popup window being "inside" and limited in size by the first Popup. The solution i have now is opening the second Popup using Javascript function window.open(). I really wanted to use only the Popup_editor widget so the Popups have the same look.

Is this possible?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Rafael Valente

Hi Rafael,

It is not possible to open a pop-up within another pop-up without it being confined to the first pop-up's window. However, any user interface that has this arrangement is imho a bad one - a pop-up should already be a last resort, and two pop-ups is a deadly sin :).

Hello Killian!

Thank you for your reply.

I understand what you say. For now, i'll stick to the current solution that is opening the second popup through Javascript function window.open(). This is a pretty old application so it would take a lot of effort to change all the screens right now.

Best regards,

Rafael Valente

Hi anyone find solution for this? I need to open a popup inside another one and my interface is good, it's not "bad one" and this is important for me.

Rafel do you find a solution for this?

Hello Alexandre.

Well, the method i have right now is by opening the second popup through Javascript using the window.open() method. Opening the second popup from the first one using the popup editor widget from Outsystems will limit the frame size of the second one. 

Best regards,

Rafael Valente

Rafael Valente wrote:

Hello Alexandre.

Well, the method i have right now is by opening the second popup through Javascript using the window.open() method. Opening the second popup from the first one using the popup editor widget from Outsystems will limit the frame size of the second one. 

Best regards,

Rafael Valente

Thanks Rafael.