Auto closing feedback messages on Mobile Devices

Auto closing feedback messages on Mobile Devices

Is there a way to automatically close feedback messages on mobile devices without requiring the user to click on the message?  We would like the message to be cleared either after a set number of seconds or when a new screen is opened.

Thanks

Dan Asserati

Hi Daniel,

Is this a mobile or web-responsive module?

The issue holds for both but in this case its a v10 mobile module.

This would indeed be helpful. I've had a scenerio where the user can't advance to the next screen because of faulty input, but after correcting the input and advancing to the next screen, the error is still there...

Let me introduce you to the following new feature:

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/10/Reference/OutSystems_APIs/JavaScript_API/FeedbackMessage

Hope this helps.

Btw, info and success messages are automatically closed after a few seconds.

Thanks Joao this API is very interesting.  To implement this to close any open popups after login would I drop a Javascript node into the action with the code "$public.FeedbackMessage.closeFeedbackMessage()"?

Thanks

Dan

Yes.

When trying to use the above in a javascript node I get the following error message on compiling: 

"Public JS API Not Supported
This module uses unsupported Javascript APIs. Using these APIs via $public is not supported in this version.
Exception Details:
[1] Public JS API Not Supported: This module uses unsupported Javascript APIs. Using these APIs via $public is not supported in this version..."

Any thoughts on why my implementation is causing this error?

This API is only available on 10.0.200 or above.

Is there any known way on versions before 10.0.200?  We are unlikely to be moving to this version or higher for a while.

Sorry to know that but no, this was only made available in 200.

Daniel Asserati wrote:

Is there any known way on versions before 10.0.200?  We are unlikely to be moving to this version or higher for a while.

Daniel,

Since P10 is pretty new, there are bound to be quite a number of issues fixed in the coming releases (especially on mobile). So even if you're not going to 10.0.200, I would advise you to consider upgrading regularly.