Erro Pushwoosh P10

Erro Pushwoosh P10

Hello,

I am using p10 and the plugin Pushwoosh from forge and i have two problems.

First i have this error "Failed to register device"

The application code is with - in the middle or without it?

The second error, maybe its because the first, but the error is:

Thank you.

same problem too ? I follow instruction in the documentation but it don't work?

Please help, please !

Hey, guys,

The first error is not very descriptive, I'm afraid. But answering your question: yes, the 'ApplicationCode' is dashed (although 'GoogleProjectNumber' isn't, but that's another story). Have you filled these in on the PushwooshNotifications block?

If so, could you please customize your 'RegisterDevice' action to also output the 'status' message and share it with us? Here's a screenshot highlighting the line and what to edit.

As for the second one, we have it fixed on our server and will be uploading it shortly. Could you test it once we do and give us some feedback, please?

Best regards,

Carlos Simões

Sorry for my bad description.

I did what you said, and here is the result:

When that version will be released?

Here is mine.

@Jorge: the version was released this afternoon (not sure if you noticed it), so feel free to test it! Please tell us how it went.

As for the other error, could you please double-check if you have the appropriate Pushwoosh block on the same screen (or the layout) where you are calling the RegisterDevice action, as described in the instructions.

If so, I'm afraid we're going to need analyse it further to be able to help. If things are critical, make sure you contact the appropriate support channels.

On second thought: could either of you share your OAP, so we can have a look?

If you're concerned with giving away too much, a small sample with the same error would also do.

Ok, after having a look at the app and configuring our own Application Codes and Google Project Numbers, as well as the appropriate app identifier, RegisterDevice worked just fine.

Could you guys please check if you have both the app (it's really easy to miss the app identifier, when requesting the build) AND Pushwoosh properly configured?

Carlos Simões wrote:

Ok, after having a look at the app and configuring our own Application Codes and Google Project Numbers, as well as the appropriate app identifier, RegisterDevice worked just fine.

Could you guys please check if you have both the app (it's really easy to miss the app identifier, when requesting the build) AND Pushwoosh properly configured?

Hi, Carlos 

Thanks for your reply.

But what is app identifier, I only follow instruction on documentation. And I generate android app in debug mode. Must I generate app in Release mode ?

Hey, Hoang,

Sorry for the confusion, but it turns out that on Android, the app identifier is not that relevant after all (as it is on iOS).

The only explanation I can think of might be related to differences between the free tier and a paid subscription, but I'm not 100% sure.

Are you using a free account for your tests? If so, I can try to follow the tutorial on my end and see if I bump into anything.

Solution

Ok, guys: I just followed the instructions to the end and the steps are correct.

But there are two concepts that I recognized as either confusing or just broken that might help you advance:

1. In haste of making things work, I used Google's API key as the ApiAccessToken, when I should've used the one from Pushwoosh, under the "API Access" menu on the right; you probably got this one right, but I mentioned it anyway, since I bumped into it
  2. I still wasn't able to get things working, so I decided to try and peek at the Access token through the "Edit" option. Once I did, a new one was shown on the screen, and I decided to save it. I then updated the ApiAccessToken on my application, tested sending again and it worked!

I know it doesn't solve your initial question, but it should at least give you some confidence that a trial account works with Android, in the very least to register the device, but also to send messages.

Let me know if you are able to get it working or have further questions!   

Carlos Simões

Solution

Carlos Simões wrote:

Ok, guys: I just followed the instructions to the end and the steps are correct.

But there are two concepts that I recognized as either confusing or just broken that might help you advance:

1. In haste of making things work, I used Google's API key as the ApiAccessToken, when I should've used the one from Pushwoosh, under the "API Access" menu on the right; you probably got this one right, but I mentioned it anyway, since I bumped into it
  2. I still wasn't able to get things working, so I decided to try and peek at the Access token through the "Edit" option. Once I did, a new one was shown on the screen, and I decided to save it. I then updated the ApiAccessToken on my application, tested sending again and it worked!

I know it doesn't solve your initial question, but it should at least give you some confidence that a trial account works with Android, in the very least to register the device, but also to send messages.

Carlos Simões

Hi Carlos, Tks for your help.

I think problem is my device run on custom rom.

When i use another device it run without problems.

Carlos Simões wrote:

Carlos Simões

Carlos, thank you, after that new version and better configuration i don´t have any errors  and work fine with the trial version account in pushwoosh.