[Multiple File Upload] Larger files failing to upload

[Multiple File Upload] Larger files failing to upload

Forge Component
(31)
Published on 6 Sep by Robert Chanphakeo
31 votes
Published on 6 Sep by Robert Chanphakeo

Hi guys. Really like this file uploader. I had everything working in my DEV environment. After deploying to production it works but has problems with larger files > 7mb. My production environment has a load balancer. So I suspect that larger files with the load balancer have an issue.

At any point is there some kind of file chunking going on? Is there any issues you are aware of with a load balancer ? At the present time I don't actually need more than 7 mb but I probably will in the future. I did test the demo page in production to check and it has the same file size issue. Any suggestions ?

I forgot to add. When it fails , appears to upload to 100% then hangs there file awhile then just stops without any error in the app. There is a time out error in the log though. One that  says thread being aborted and one that says request timed out.

Environment InformationeSpaceVer: 2 (Id=389, PubId=720, CompiledWith=9.0.1.40)
RequestUrl: https://webapps.dirtt.net/MultipleFileUpload/Upload.aspx?sessionid=MultipleFileUpload&qqsize=13475328&qqfile=ScheduleDumpSept26.xlsx (Method: POST)
AppDomain: /LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT/MultipleFileUpload-182-131242284136155869
FilePath: d:\OutSystems\Platform Server\running\MultipleFileUpload.02077480094\ProcessFiles.aspx
Locale: en-US
DateFormat: MM-dd-yyyy
PID: 3596 ('w3wp', Started='4/5/2016 9:19:36 AM', Priv=1499Mb, Virt=19810Mb)
TID: 583
Thread Name:
.NET: 4.0.30319.34209
Stack:Thread was being aborted.
   at System.Web.UnsafeNativeMethods.EcbGetAdditionalPostedContent(IntPtr pECB, Byte[] bytes, Int32 offset, Int32 bufferSize)
   at System.Web.Hosting.ISAPIWorkerRequestInProc.GetAdditionalPostedContentCore(Byte[] bytes, Int32 offset, Int32 bufferSize)
   at System.Web.Hosting.ISAPIWorkerRequest.ReadEntityBody(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
   at System.Web.HttpRequest.GetEntireRawContent()
   at System.Web.HttpRequest.get_InputStream()
   at System.Web.HttpRequest.SaveAs(String filename, Boolean includeHeaders)
   at OutSystems.NssMultipleFileUpload_Extension.CssMultipleFileUpload_Extension.MssGetRequestFile(RCFileRecord& ssContent)
   at ssMultipleFileUpload.RssExtensionMultipleFileUpload_Extension.MssGetRequestFile(HeContext heContext, IRecord& outParamContent)

Anything guys? I'm kind of struggling with this one and I can't even debug because it only occurs in production. Anyone have experience using this espace with a load balancer? Problems with larger files?

Can I also upload excel or word files ? I did upload but it's not successful .. If you have any suggestion please help me Sir. Thx you. (:

Yes you can upload excel and word files.

If you have a separate problem mine then please start a new thread.

Mark does the same 7mb file have issues in your dev environment? I'm wondering if you are running into either an HTTP request timeout limit or a webserver file upload size limit, and it may have nothing to do with this component. Just a thought, not sure.

Mark Jurkovich wrote:

Cody Ahlquist wrote:

Mark does the same 7mb file have issues in your dev environment? I'm wondering if you are running into either an HTTP request timeout limit or a webserver file upload size limit, and it may have nothing to do with this component. Just a thought, not sure.

Mark Jurkovich wrote:

Hi Cody. I don't have problems with large files in DEV. Only in production. I am on Outsystems Paas so I am not sure if I have control over any timeout settings. My production environment has a load balancer which may be complicating things.

After the temp upload I am sending to amazon s3. I see in another thread someone is trying to upload straight to amazon. I might try the same thing.

Mark Jurkovich wrote:

Cody Ahlquist wrote:

Mark Jurkovich wrote:

Hi Cody. I don't have problems with large files in DEV. Only in production. I am on Outsystems Paas so I am not sure if I have control over any timeout settings. My production environment has a load balancer which may be complicating things.

After the temp upload I am sending to amazon s3. I see in another thread someone is trying to upload straight to amazon. I might try the same thing.

Lol. Okay i see now that its you trying to upload straight to amazon. Let me know if it works out!