Screen timeout

Hello community,

After migrating na app from a machine to another new one and from version 8.0 to 9.1, i'm having a lot of screen timeouts before reaching the value presented on the timeout parameter in the IIS (I'm sending an attachment with a screenshot of the parameter). This problem didn't appeared when the app was on the old server. I checked both IIS configurations, new and old servers, and they look the same. 

What can be causing this?

And how can i resolve?

Best regards,

Rafael Valente

Hello Rafael, you posted this a while back. Are you still experimenting the error?

Hello Pedro,

Thank you for your reply.

I didn't get the error again. Unfortunately, i can't tell why this was happening.

Best regards,

Rafael Valente

Hello Rafael,

The value you are showing seems to be the session timeout (20 minutes) which tells .NET the amount of time to keep a session active.

The request timeout, which seems to be the problem you are reporting, is usually smaller (90s).

Can you please clarify exactly which errors you are seeing, and more information on the context of the values you've shown?

Best regards,

Ricardo Silva

Ricardo Silva wrote:

Hello Rafael,

The value you are showing seems to be the session timeout (20 minutes) which tells .NET the amount of time to keep a session active.

The request timeout, which seems to be the problem you are reporting, is usually smaller (90s).

Can you please clarify exactly which errors you are seeing, and more information on the context of the values you've shown?

Best regards,

Ricardo Silva

Hello Ricardo,

Right now, i'm not experiencing the error anymore. Just for curiosity, which parameter holds the 90s value and where can i find it?

Best regards,

Rafael Valente

It's the executionTimeout attribute in your system.web/httpRuntime element

It's actually 110s, not 90. Sorry :)

Hello Ricardo,

Thank you for the info. If this happens again, i'll try to increase this value.

Best regards,

Rafael Valente