Refreshing charts in mobile.

Refreshing charts in mobile.

Hi guys. I'm trying to implement 3 charts and they depend on values that are selected in three dropdowns. The problem i'm facing is that in p10 I dont have a refresh component(mobile dev), so after I re-execute the action to append the values to the data point I dont know how to refresh the chart on the screen.. Is there anyway to do this?

Hi Paulo,

Just to make sure you're developing a mobile app (rather than a web responsive app), right?

In that case you don't have to refresh anything, the platform will do that for you. When a UI component depends on some data that changed it will re-render automatically. If that's not happening make sure that the charts react to data changes. Which charts component are you using?

I added the action that generates the chart to the charts handler and it worked! 

It's not true for the Height property, isn't it? I'm calculating the variable on a combobox change, the chart gets updated, but not it's height.

Paulo Pereira wrote:

I added the action that generates the chart to the charts handler and it worked! 

Hi Paulo,

I am struggling to get my charts to update. When you say: "I added the action that generates the chart to the charts handler", what exactly did you mean? Which charts handler? I am creating a mobile app and I am using the regular Charts Mobile charts (line chart). It is not updating when I recreate the datapoints.

Denis Mulder wrote:

Paulo Pereira wrote:

Hi Paulo,

I am struggling to get my charts to update. When you say: "I added the action that generates the chart to the charts handler", what exactly did you mean? Which charts handler? I am creating a mobile app and I am using the regular Charts Mobile charts (line chart). It is not updating when I recreate the datapoints.

I used the action that creates the charts in one of the changes in the screen.. I'll see if I still have access to the project and tell you how exactly, but it was not the perfect solution the screen was really slow to render

As far as I can ascertain, the Outsystems documented way to update a graph block in a Mobile App does not work: when I change the parameters of a Data Action that generates new datapoints (a parameter of the graph block), the graph does not update. I have tried it with the graph directly in a screen or the graph in a 'Child' block with an "On Parameters Changed" handler: none of them work. I'll see if I can support to look at it.