[Html2PdfConverter] How to install the wkhtml to personal cloud

Forge Component
(40)
Published on 24 Mar by Guilherme Pereira
40 votes
Published on 24 Mar by Guilherme Pereira

what machine is the personal cloud?

In the download i only find exe..no dlls:

but in the administration and forum there is a need to upload another exe and dll (where i can find them?)

Would Outsystems make a widget for the pdf?

thank you.

Hi Indra,

You personal cloud environment is created when you register on the OutSystems community for the first time. You should have received and email with the details on how to access it by email. However if you go to your home (http://www.outsystems.com/home) you should be able to access it.

OutSystems does not have any built in widget to generate pdfs so this component is one option but you may find others by searching pdf on the forge.

As for the executable and dlls they should be extracted from the instaler you can download from wkhtmltopdf website and uploaded acordingly.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Guilherme

indra budiantho wrote:

what machine is the personal cloud?

In the download i only find exe..no dlls:

but in the administration and forum there is a need to upload another exe and dll (where i can find them?)

Would Outsystems make a widget for the pdf?

thank you.

thank you Sir, 

i still do not know which version to download. My stack is dot net in personal cloud. 

I  downloaded the wkhtmltox-0.12.4_mingw-w64-cross-win64, but when i clicked it.. it is not a zip, but executable/installer. Then i installed it in my machine, here is the directory created:

In the bin folder there are 3 files:

So, which files should i upload in :

What about the files in include and lib directories?

thank you.

Hi Indra,

There's no need to install because even though it is an installer you can open and extract it's contents with 7 zip.

Please check the page Installation Instructions.

As for the files to upload you can check the names on under and upload the same. 

• wkhtmltopdf.exe - PDF Generator
  • wkhtmltoimage.exe - IMAGE Generator
  • xxxxx. dll - DLL to import

Please note that if you only have wkhtmltox.dll that's not the mingw version it's the msvc one and you need to install microsoft VC++ Runtime libraries on the machine. 

If you're using a cloud (personal or enterprise) you can install MSVC so only the mingw version can be used

Hope this helps

Guilherme

Guilherme Pereira wrote:

Hi Indra,

There's no need to install because even though it is an installer you can open and extract it's contents with 7 zip.

Please check the page Installation Instructions.

As for the files to upload you can check the names on under and upload the same. 

• wkhtmltopdf.exe - PDF Generator
  • wkhtmltoimage.exe - IMAGE Generator
  • xxxxx. dll - DLL to import

Please note that if you only have wkhtmltox.dll that's not the mingw version it's the msvc one and you need to install microsoft VC++ Runtime libraries on the machine. 

If you're using a cloud (personal or enterprise) you can install MSVC so only the mingw version can be used

Hope this helps

Guilherme

thank you,

I downloaded both and all have the same files:

here the files:

Hi Indra,

I've never tested with those versions but you should try to upload the executables and dll and see if it works. If it doesn't I recommend downloading the "bleeding edge mingw version" as it includes the gcc dlls.

Cheers,

Guilherme