SERIOUS BUG FOUND: structure variables always clears (after assigned value)

SERIOUS BUG FOUND: structure variables always clears (after assigned value)

Attached: app consumes a web service, and assigns structure record list to a new structure record list variable.

After the structure record list is assigned values and the combo box is used, the structure record list always clears its value.

Note: You can try to using the system action ListAppendAll , the same issue occurs.

Attached video:

Hmm, I am not sure it's a bug.

Platform optimizes stuff, so if you don't do anything with it, it doesn't get filled.

it's a bit too smart in some ways.

(and no, certain assigns and if's won;t work as well)

Yup, J is totally right.

I tested it locally and doing anything that actually needs the variables solves your "Serious Bug".

For example just add a Ajax Refresh after that assign to refresh the GatewayType combo box. It will show you everything filled in debug.

Platform removes everything that is never used (and looking at debugger is not a "use").

Regards,
João Rosado

I can confirm that J and Joao are both correct.

Outsystems removes all unused variables that are not used on the page. (Outsystems platform did not optimise list like this before?)

Shouldn't outsystems platform only optimize code in production? The outsystems platform optimizes code in development/debug mode as well. Debugging is hard to do when outsystems optimizes code that should not on a development server in debug mode.

Current work-around solution: create an action, and process all complicated processes within the action, debugging will function as usual.