Multithreading to complete more work

Multithreading to complete more work

  

Hi there,

Thinking about how to deal with intensive requests to web service.

Let's say I have to make a lot of requests per second to get the updates from web service. One thread will not be able to handle all the work to be done. So, I'm looking for the way to make more threads to be able to execute more requests per second. What is the right way in outsystems to do this?


Thanks in advance.

Andrei Tarutin wrote:

Hi there,

Thinking about how to deal with intensive requests to web service.

Let's say I have to make a lot of requests per second to get the updates from web service. One thread will not be able to handle all the work to be done. So, I'm looking for the way to make more threads to be able to execute more requests per second. What is the right way in outsystems to do this?


Thanks in advance.

Andrei

Did you this thread in forum?

High Volume Traffic - Webservice

Hope help you out




Andrei -

Suggest you either write a separate Web Service in .NET/Java/Node.js (whatever you like) that will be multi-threaded and call many Web Services at once, then return the results back to OutSystems, or write an Extension to do this. OutSystems has tools for asynchronous processing (which are not well suited for real-time requests), but not for parallel processing within a single, real-time, synchronous call.

J.Ja

César Mateus wrote:

Andrei Tarutin wrote:

Hi there,

Thinking about how to deal with intensive requests to web service.

Let's say I have to make a lot of requests per second to get the updates from web service. One thread will not be able to handle all the work to be done. So, I'm looking for the way to make more threads to be able to execute more requests per second. What is the right way in outsystems to do this?


Thanks in advance.

Andrei

Did you this thread in forum?

High Volume Traffic - Webservice

Hope help you out




HI Cesar,

Thank you for your reply but this is different situation. I am not the owner and not the hoster of the web service. I am a client and need to execute a lot of requests to an external web service. 


Justin James wrote:

Andrei -

Suggest you either write a separate Web Service in .NET/Java/Node.js (whatever you like) that will be multi-threaded and call many Web Services at once, then return the results back to OutSystems, or write an Extension to do this. OutSystems has tools for asynchronous processing (which are not well suited for real-time requests), but not for parallel processing within a single, real-time, synchronous call.

J.Ja

Hi Justin,

Have I understood you correctly? If I need multithreading so the best solution is to create an extension because ousystems doesn't provide any features regarding multithreading, right?


Solution

Andrei Tarutin wrote:

Justin James wrote:

Andrei -

Suggest you either write a separate Web Service in .NET/Java/Node.js (whatever you like) that will be multi-threaded and call many Web Services at once, then return the results back to OutSystems, or write an Extension to do this. OutSystems has tools for asynchronous processing (which are not well suited for real-time requests), but not for parallel processing within a single, real-time, synchronous call.

J.Ja

Hi Justin,

Have I understood you correctly? If I need multithreading so the best solution is to create an extension because ousystems doesn't provide any features regarding multithreading, right?



Andrei -

Correct... there is just no clean way to do *parallel processing* or true *multithreading* in the system. There are mechanisms (Timers, BPT Processes) for *asynchronous* processing, but those techniques have drawbacks and limitations which make them unsuitable for real-time use, they are designed for something to occur in the background where it is not critical for it to complete immediately. For example, both of them queue work and have a tight limit on how many threads they will spin up.

J.Ja

Solution