Error when importing external entities in Integration Studio

Error when importing external entities in Integration Studio

Hi,

I'm getting an error when I try to import entities in Integration Studio. The error seems to happen when the entities to import have foreign keys or unique indexes. I'm saying this because otherwise they are imported ok. 

I'm using Integration Studio 10.0.201.0 and Platform server 10.0.200.0

Any ideas?

The error being logged in Service Center is:

Stack:
[1] One or more errors occurred.
   at ssServiceCenter.RssExtensionIntegrationStudio.MssEntityIntrospectionGetEntityViews(HeContext heContext, IRecord inParamserver, RecordList inParamtableNames, RecordList& outParamentityViews)
   at ssServiceCenter.Actions.ActionEntityIntrospectionGetEntityViews(HeContext heContext, RCEntityIntrospectionServerRecord inParamserver, RLEntityIntrospectionTableNameRecordList inParamtableNames, RLEntityIntrospectionEntityViewRecordList& outParamentityViews)
   at ssServiceCenter.Actions.WsIntegrationStudio.WebSrvcIntegrationStudioEntityIntrospectionGetEntityViews(HeContext heContext, String inParamusername, String inParampassword, RLEntityIntrospectionTableNameRecordList inParamtableNames, RCEntityIntrospectionServerRecord inParamserver, RLEntityIntrospectionEntityViewRecordList& outParamentityViews)

[2] SQLServer compliance error: SQL type (Name,-9,-9) found.
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.DatabaseProvider.SqlServer.IntrospectionService.IntrospectionService.CreateDataTypeInfo(Boolean isLinkedServer, String typeName, Int32 odbcTypeCode, Int32 sqlTypeCode, Int32 decimalDigits, Int32 bufferLength, Int32 precision)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.DatabaseProvider.SqlServer.IntrospectionService.IntrospectionService.<GetColumns>d__2d.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.Count[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   at OutSystems.NssIntegrationStudio.CssIntegrationStudio.#Ocd(RCEntityIntrospectionServerRecord ssserver, RCEntityIntrospectionTableNameRecord table, IIntrospectionService introspectionService, IExecutionService executionService)
   at OutSystems.NssIntegrationStudio.CssIntegrationStudio.#zr.#rdd(RCEntityIntrospectionTableNameRecord table)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.<>c__DisplayClass31_0`2.<ForEachWorker>b__0(Int32 i)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.<>c__DisplayClass17_0`1.<ForWorker>b__1()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvokeWithArg(Task childTask)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c__DisplayClass176_0.<ExecuteSelfReplicating>b__0(Object )

Hello José

Is it possible to give me a sample table (or tables) where I can reproduce this error?

Thanks

Hi João,

The database we are using is the AdventureWorks2014. We did a standard instalation of it.

Hello José

[Edited] This is caused by having User-Defined Data Types (like Name in this case) which the platform currently does not support. One example of this is the Name column in the table Person.PhoneNumberType.

A possible workaround is changing the type of those columns to varchar(50), or create the tables that have User Defined Data Types by hand in Integration Studio

Hi João,

Thanks for your reply.

We will try to change the type of the columns of the AdventureWorks database from Name to varchar(50).

But in the meantime we tried a different database. We tried mysql with a wordpress database. And we got the same error.

Hi José

Can you show me the stack error in the MySQL scenario?

Btw, I edited my answer above, check if you read the latest edit :)

Hi João,

So, this error is different. Here goes the stack error:

[1] One or more errors occurred.
   at ssServiceCenter.RssExtensionIntegrationStudio.MssEntityIntrospectionGetEntityViews(HeContext heContext, IRecord inParamserver, RecordList inParamtableNames, RecordList& outParamentityViews)
   at ssServiceCenter.Actions.ActionEntityIntrospectionGetEntityViews(HeContext heContext, RCEntityIntrospectionServerRecord inParamserver, RLEntityIntrospectionTableNameRecordList inParamtableNames, RLEntityIntrospectionEntityViewRecordList& outParamentityViews)
   at ssServiceCenter.Actions.WsIntegrationStudio.WebSrvcIntegrationStudioEntityIntrospectionGetEntityViews(HeContext heContext, String inParamusername, String inParampassword, RLEntityIntrospectionTableNameRecordList inParamtableNames, RCEntityIntrospectionServerRecord inParamserver, RLEntityIntrospectionEntityViewRecordList& outParamentityViews)

[2] Unknown column 'DATETIME_PRECISION' in 'field list'
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.ReadPacket()
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.GetResult(Int32& affectedRow, Int64& insertedId)
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.NextResult(Int32 statementId, Boolean force)
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult()
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.DatabaseProvider.MySQL.IntrospectionService.MySQLIntrospectionService.GetColumns(IEnumerable`1 tableSources, CreateDataTypeInfo createDataTypeInfo, CreateColumnInfo createColumnInfo)
   at OutSystems.NssIntegrationStudio.CssIntegrationStudio.#Ocd(RCEntityIntrospectionServerRecord ssserver, RCEntityIntrospectionTableNameRecord table, IIntrospectionService introspectionService, IExecutionService executionService)
   at OutSystems.NssIntegrationStudio.CssIntegrationStudio.#zr.#rdd(RCEntityIntrospectionTableNameRecord table)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.<>c__DisplayClass31_0`2.<ForEachWorker>b__0(Int32 i)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.<>c__DisplayClass17_0`1.<ForWorker>b__1()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvokeWithArg(Task childTask)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c__DisplayClass176_0.<ExecuteSelfReplicating>b__0(Object )

Hi José 

It looks like the MySQL version of the database is unsupported. OutSystems only supports integration with MySQL 5.6 (https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Enterprise_Customers/Installation/OutSystems_Platform_system_requirements)