Create Account and Change / Forgot Password Functionality

Create Account and Change / Forgot Password Functionality

Hello,

I've been reading through the documentation and couldn't find the answer to this one.

Is there a way to easily set up an application to allow a user to create a new account on their own?  You know, like on website where is says "Login", or if you don't have an account, "Create an Account".  Is there an easy way to do this or a module I could get from Forge that would allow this?

Also, I was hoping that the same solution would provide the ability for users to change their passwords or reset it if they forgot it.

Thanks!

Brock

Here's a perfect example : https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component/903/how2userregistration/

There you go!

Greetings,

Niels

Brock Meyer wrote:

Hello,

I've been reading through the documentation and couldn't find the answer to this one.

Is there a way to easily set up an application to allow a user to create a new account on their own?  You know, like on website where is says "Login", or if you don't have an account, "Create an Account".  Is there an easy way to do this or a module I could get from Forge that would allow this?

Also, I was hoping that the same solution would provide the ability for users to change their passwords or reset it if they forgot it.

Thanks!

Brock

Hello Brock,

You can easily create user and allow them to change their password. 

To create new user, you can provide a registration form so that user can enter their detail like name, username, email etc. Assign all these details to User record(record type variable of User entity) and pass it createUser() method on submit action.

In same way for a register user, You can ask user to update his password. All you need do is to update its password for his username.

Please let me know If you still face the difficultly, I will share the sample oml.

Thanks 

Sachin