problem saving outsystemscloud

problem saving outsystemscloud

newby here, I am following the course building web applications.

Since entering 8 Modeling data relations exercise I get a request to save locally. The cloud version is not updated so when starting again from outsystemscloud.com I do not get the latest version.

Probably did something wrong here.

How can I start and save from outsystemscloud again?

Thanks in advance, Marc

Solution

Hi Mark,

The problem you are seeing is that the systems can't save eSpace locally, because you don't have enough rights on the specific file you've opened (probably in the temp-folder), when unable to save locally, the latest version can't be published.

You can try to store your eSpace locally to a location where you have enough rights (My Documents folder or desktop). After saving locally successfully, press F5 in ServiceStudio to deploy to the server (outsystemscloud.com) and you have your server version up-to-date again.

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga

Solution

Hi Remco,

I was not very clear. I do not want to save locally.

just when I need to restore the dependencies I get the question save yes/no.

Normally I would just save on the outsystemscloud environment.

Hi Mark,

You can only store on the Outsystems Cloud environment when ServiceStudio is able to store locally too.

In your configuration I think that ServiceStudio is not able to store locally and therefore the system is not able to publish to the Outsystems Cloud.

Please try my suggestion and save the eSpace locally. You'll see that after storing you are able to publish the the Outsystems Cloud again.

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga

Hi Remco,

Thanks a lot that worked!

Kind regards, Marc