Java Integration - Apache CXF Library

Java Integration - Apache CXF Library

Hi, I am trying to create an extension in Integration Studio but am getting a deployment error when I try and use the action I have defined:

outsystems.runtimecommon.HEMessageException: Internal Error: {"JBAS014671: Failed services" => {"jboss.deployment.unit.\"StuartTest.war\".PARSE" => "org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.deployment.unit.\"StuartTest.war\".PARSE: JBAS018733: Failed to process phase PARSE of deployment \"StuartTest.war\"
    Caused by: org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitProcessingException: JBAS015599: Apache CXF library (tika-app-1.14.jar) detected in ws endpoint deployment; either provide a proper deployment replacing embedded libraries with container module dependencies or disable the webservices subsystem for the current deployment adding a proper jboss-deployment-structure.xml descriptor to it. The former approach is recommended, as the latter approach causes most of the webservices Java EE and any JBossWS specific functionality to be disabled."}}

I have the Apache Tika jar file included in the lib folder which I think is the problem however I don't know how to replace it with a container module dependency as suggested in the error. Does anyone know how to include an Apache jar when using Wildfly?

Outsystems 9.1.501.0 running the Java stack in the cloud.

Solution

If anyone else comes across this issue when trying to integrate Apache Tika, the solution is to use tika-core and tika-parsers not tika-app.

Tika-app contains the Apache CXF libraries which are already included in JBoss. Using the standalone jars allows you to integrate Apache Tika without this issue.

Solution