[Signature Pad] Signature Pad Documentation?

[Signature Pad] Signature Pad Documentation?

Forge Component
(4)
Published on 5 Jan by OutSystems Labs
4 votes
Published on 5 Jan by OutSystems Labs

Hi!

Is there any documentation for the Signature Pad plugin that helps figuring out how to use it?

Hello Juan,

You can download Field Services mobile and see how Signature Pad plugin is used on the Review screen (there's a pop up with the signature in it).

Soon, we'll update this component and add documentation about it. In the meantime, if you have specific questions, feel free to post.

Thanks

This post is months old. Is there any update on the documentation? I cannot figure out what the input text is supposed to be on the getBinaryData method...

Hi Christopher,

The Field Services Mobile application still uses Signature Pad. Did you take a look at it? 

If you're referring to the GetBinaryImage server action users are not supposed to use it. I just noticed that it is public and will change that for the next release.

The SignaturePad block will trigger an OnSignaturePadStrokeFinished event when you finish signing. All you need to do is handle that event in order to access the resulting signature binary data.

Regards

Francisco Afonso wrote:

Hi Christopher,

The Field Services Mobile application still uses Signature Pad. Did you take a look at it? 

If you're referring to the GetBinaryImage server action users are not supposed to use it. I just noticed that it is public and will change that for the next release.

The SignaturePad block will trigger an OnSignaturePadStrokeFinished event when you finish signing. All you need to do is handle that event in order to access the resulting signature binary data.

Regards

Hello Francisco,  I see that you are part of Signature Team and that you did a Signature app to capture signatures.  Why would you recommend recommend Signature Pad after publishing your app?  

Should we try Signature App instead of Signature?

Robert Lozano wrote:

Francisco Afonso wrote:

Hi Christopher,

Regards

Hello Francisco,  I see that you are part of Signature Team and that you did a Signature app to capture signatures.  Why would you recommend recommend Signature Pad after publishing your app?  

Should we try Signature App instead of Signature?

Hello Robert,

Signature Pad is for mobile application, Signature is for web responsive applications.

Cheers,

Magda Pereira