How to download files to local directory?

How to download files to local directory?

Hello,

I am generating csv files and storing in outsystems table. 

I want to download all files from that table into local directory C:\temp\Projects. How should I achieve this?

Thanks and Regards,

Suraj Borade

Hi Suraj,

When downloading to local, you will always get the popup from Windows where you want to store, because the webpage doesn't know if the local disk/folder exists.

How to download multiple csv files at once:

Use the ZIP extension and put all csv files in one zip and download the zip-file.

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga

Hi Remco,

Thanks.

My scenario is that, I am running Timer. In that Timer action, I need to generate CSV, store it into local database, after that store that csv to local directory and after that upload that csv to another network.

I don't want to download it manually. Everything should happen within Timer action.

How should I achieve this?

Hi Suraj,

Local database and local storage? Are you running outsystems locally? Then you can use the filesystem extension to store to a specific folder on the environment running Outsystems. Otherwise you should run another service to make your local machine a web/ftp server.

Upload to another network. How is the other network accessible? Using SMB (FileSystem extension), FTP (SFTP extension) or when it is running a webservice, you can call this one from Outsystems.

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga

Hi Remco,

Sorry for confusion. Local database means tables used in my eSpace and local storage means "C" drive of my PC. I am running Outsystems on enterprise license. 

For uploading to another network, I ma using SFTP extension.

Thanks.

Suraj,

The timer is running on the server. How can it store files on your PC*?

*Unless you have a share that the server has access to, of course.