[Html2PdfConverter] Getting HTML2PDf to upload to Cloud/Enterprise Environment

[Html2PdfConverter] Getting HTML2PDf to upload to Cloud/Enterprise Environment

Forge Component
(42)
Published on 23 Jun by Guilherme Pereira
42 votes
Published on 23 Jun by Guilherme Pereira

Hi all.

Wondering if you can advise on how to get the .exe's and .dll uploaded to either a personal environment or enterprise environment.

I have gone through the FAQ's and established the version I require for cloud environments is the "Bleeding Edge - MinGW", and have downloaded 64bit version.

The problem now occurs when uploading the exes, I select the relevant exe, for example PDF Generator I select the wkhtmltopdf.exe and press upload. I use chrome so i can see the upload status, and once it reaches 100%, nothing happens, no file is uploaded, no green tick, no error message nothing.

I then reread the FAQ, and found this
" Q) I’m having troubles uploading the binaries. What can I do?

A) This issue is usually related with network configuration. I suggest using google chrome as it has a nice progress indicator and sometimes you can see it reach 100% and get back to 0%.  
In those cases the best recommendation I can give is to use a different network or a wired connection (it has worked on most of the cases).
Some community members have worked around by extending the max request length and timeout by using Factory configuration to change the web.config. I never had the need to try this approach but you can find more details here
"

I followed the link which relates to increase upload time.
http://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/13615/could-not-find-file-c-windows-temp-tempiemrmnoanh-pdf/#Post59236

still no joy, still getting nothing after the file uploads, as described before.

To test and mainly due to frustration, I downloaded the MSVC version, and attempted to upload the Msvc versions' exe.
THIS ONE WORKS! green tick there. (filesize 22mb)

now, from what I have read, I cannot use this version(MSVC) in the cloud, so my question to the community is,
1.) has any one got this working in a cloud enviroment.
2.) which version of the wkhtmltopdf.exe (MinGW) did you upload to get it to work.

UPDATE::::
After posting to forum, I fiddled around more, and noticed after I made changes using the FactoryConfiguration, the pdftohtml espace had outdated references, I update the references, republished, and tested the upload process.
well well well, it worked, the 64bit - Bleeding Edge - MinGw uploaded and shows the green tick.

RECAP MY EXPERIENCE TO GET IT TO WORK:
1. Install pdftohtlml.
2. Install factory configuration.
3. Modify factory config as per this link :: http://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/13615/could-not-find-file-c-windows-temp-tempiemrmnoanh-pdf/#Post59236 to increase the upload time.
4. Open the pdftohtml > refresh references > publish
5. Download the Bleeding edge > MinGw 64bit version from here : http://wkhtmltopdf.org/downloads.html (https://bitbucket.org/wkhtmltopdf/wkhtmltopdf/downloads/wkhtmltox-0.13.0-alpha-7b36694_mingw-w64-cross-win64.exe)
6. Upload the exes and dlls.

Hi Leeroy,

You have the question and the solution. Thanks for sharing with the community.

Cheers,

Guilherme

Can you help me with my Error. I already installed the Service Center Configuration, during Log-in I got this error.

I used the osuser credential that I always used to login to the Service Center (Environment is on Cloud). The osuser credential works on the Service Center.

1st error was:

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> ssServiceCenter.ExcptInvalidLogin: Invalid Username or Password at ssServiceCenter.WebServices.Operation.TestLogin(String inWSUsername, String inWSPassword, Boolean& outWSLoginOk, Boolean& outWSHasOperationPermission)   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

2nd Error was caused by too many login attempt failed:

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> ssServiceCenter.ExcptInvalidLogin: Too many failed login attempts. Please try again in a few minutes.   at ssServiceCenter.WebServices.Operation.TestLogin(String inWSUsername, String inWSPassword, Boolean& outWSLoginOk, Boolean& outWSHasOperationPermission)   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---