Outsystem 10 with Outsystems 9.1

Outsystem 10 with Outsystems 9.1

Hi,

Today we use 3 development environments with Outsystems 9.1(tests,development and production). It is not in our plans to upgrade to version 10 now. But we need develop a mobile app with version 10. How can we use version 10 with 9.1 version ?

If we make a new installation of 10.0, it´s possible access the Entities of others installations ?

It´s possible update to 10 but keep using Service Studio 9.1 and Service Studio 10 simultaneously?

Thank you !

service studio yes (I had 5.0 - 10.0 on my laptop)

I think you need to work with webservices to make the best effect to get the other entities

Hi Louis,

To make it work as seamless as possible, I would recommend you to build an API module in your 9.1 versions that feed your mobile App (version 10).

This API Module would expose some REST APIs to access your data and the mobile App consumes those REST APIs.

Cheers

Nuno Maurício wrote:

Hi Louis,

To make it work as seamless as possible, I would recommend you to build an API module in your 9.1 versions that feed your mobile App (version 10).

This API Module would expose some REST APIs to access your data and the mobile App consumes those REST APIs.

Cheers

J. and Nuno Maurício ! Thanks very much!

About working  with different version os SS, I have 6 and 9 (company) and 10 (PE) on this PC. Before I had 8 and 9.1 for my PE and everything worked. I can update and uninstall without impacts. It just isn't perfect if you want to edit local oml files because the operating system tries to go with the latest version.

About working with 2 versions:

I had that same issue with 6 and 9. My solution was to read directly the DB through an extension.

http://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/20793/shared-database-between-different-platform-versions/ 

Of course you need to be alert for changes in the database, so it is best if the development in one of them is staled. I don't think that is your case.