[OnTrack] OT_notification

[OnTrack] OT_notification

Forge Component
(23)
Published on 8 May by OutSystems Labs
23 votes
Published on 8 May by OutSystems Labs

First, I just installed OnTrack on Sunday and love it so far! Thanks and great job!

So, I want to receive all the great email notifications - BUT - we are using Office 365 for SMTP and are getting this error message:

----------------------------------------------------------

Error sending email 537: 550 5.7.60 SMTP; Client does not have permissions to send as this sender

Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 19:15:14 +0000

Message-ID: <9beb7258d9aa4cd589baf3488c45275b@smtp.office365.com>

----------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: I am still on v9.1 so I am running OnTrack 1.0.2

I found ontrack@outsystems.com and notifications.ontrack@outsystems.com in two places in the OnTrack code so I changed it to what I need: techteam@drawbridge1.com

However, it still is sending out as if FROM notifications.ontrack@outsystems.com

Where do I change this?

Hi Bruce.

Thank you for the feedback.

The "from" email value used by ontrack is set in a Site Property in OT_Notifications eSpace.

When you published ontrack app for the first time, the site property value were set to its default.

So, I would say you need to change it in Service Studio, to the value you need.

Hope this helps you.

Best regards

You know the idea of site properties? That you can set them in Service Center....

Ricardo Gonzaga wrote:

Hi Bruce.

The "from" email value used by ontrack is set in a Site Property in OT_Notifications eSpace.

When you published ontrack app for the first time, the site property value were set to its default.

Hope this helps you.

Best regards

Sorry, I just confused what I want to say.

Yes, youb should change it in Service Center 

Best regards,

Ricardo Gonzaga wrote:

Hi Bruce.

The "from" email value used by ontrack is set in a Site Property in OT_Notifications eSpace.

Hope this helps you.

Best regards

Yes, that was my first thought as well. I had already changed it in OT_Notifications Site Properties, tested and still had the issue. Then I found in the main ontrack eSpace the Site Property called "EmailFrom" so I changed it their as well.

However, it is still trying to send as notifications.ontrack@outsystems.com

After making the changes, I was sure to update the eSpace dependencies and 1-Click them all - still no luck.

Might it be stored in an additional eSpace that I am missing?

Solution

Hi Bruce,

Have you changed your site properties directly in Service Studio, or did you change them in Service Center?

The value in Service Studio is just the default value, and is used as a pre-definition when you publish the espace for the first time.

To change it after the first publish you should access Service Center, as described in the image bellow:

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Solution

Got it ... yes, I had to change it in the code Site Properties ... but THEN also in the Service Center.

Thanks!