How to use Asynchronous logging

How to use Asynchronous logging

Ana Santos wrote the following in this post. Since that is not directly related to the thread, I have forked it to this thread.

"We need to log information for requests and responses either through outsystems modules or through .NET extensions.

Currently, we're using GenericExtendedActions.Audit to do this, but Service Center cannot give us all the information about this logs (I assume that is because of the size limit you referred).

What I actually need to know is how can we implement asynchronous logging in this situtation. Can you help me?

Thank you,

Ana Santos"

In attachment you can find a sample application making use of the Log Record action of Asynchronous Logging built-in extension. In order to overcome the "could not convert to record" error all I had to do was change the type of the Log variable to be of type Record of Log instead of Log.

I hope this helps.

I'm just replying so this doesn't show up in the "unanswered" list anymore :).

Does this work in a multi-tenant environment? I'm getting a zero tenant_id for records inserted using LogRecord even though the module is multi-tenant!

Khalil, have you exposed the tenant_id and filled it with the correct value? LogRecord is rather low-level, I don't think it has knowledge of multi-tenancy.