[Salesforce Connector] SalesForce Connector Broken on Java Stack, Platform 10

[Salesforce Connector] SalesForce Connector Broken on Java Stack, Platform 10

Forge Component
(10)
Published on 22 Mar by OutSystems Labs
10 votes
Published on 22 Mar by OutSystems Labs

When attempting to log in using SalesForce credentials in the Sample app, I am getting the following error:

Unresolved compilation problems: Syntax error, parameterized types are only available if source level is 1.5 or greater Syntax error, annotations are only available if source level is 1.5 or greater Syntax error, parameterized types are only available if source level is 1.5 or greater Syntax error, annotations are only available if source level is 1.5 or greater Syntax error, annotations are only available if source level is 1.5 or greater Syntax error, annotations are only available if source level is 1.5 or greater Type mismatch: cannot convert from Boolean to boolean Syntax error, parameterized types are only available if source level is 1.5 or greater Syntax error, parameterized types are only available if source level is 1.5 or greater Syntax error, annotations are only available if source level is 1.5 or greater Syntax error, annotations are only available if source level is 1.5 or greater Syntax error, parameterized types are only available if source level is 1.5 or greater

Not sure what could be going on, the forge component installed for me without problem. When I open the Java extension and try to compile it, though, I get the following compilation error:

J2EE Compilation. Buildfile: C:(Path)\Source\J2EE\build.xml init: compile: [mkdir] Created dir: C:(Path)\Source\J2EE\bin [javac] C:(Path)\Source\J2EE\build.xml:34: warning: 'includeantruntime' was not set, defaulting to build.sysclasspath=last; set to false for repeatable builds [javac] Compiling 49 source files to C:(Path)\Source\J2EE\bin [javac] C:(Path)\Source\J2EE\outsystems\nossforce\ObjectMapping.java:248: error: unreported exception InvalidSObjectFault_Exception; must be caught or declared to be thrown [javac] if (sessionInfo.getTypeInfo(className) == null) { [javac] ^ [javac] C:(Path)\Source\J2EE\outsystems\nossforce\ObjectMapping.java:264: error: unreported exception InvalidSObjectFault_Exception; must be caught or declared to be thrown [javac] outsystems.salesforce.connector.Field sForceField = sessionInfo.getField(className, sForceFieldName) ; [javac] ^ [javac] 2 errors BUILD FAILED C:(Path)\Source\J2EE\build.xml:34: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details. Total time: 3 seconds

Any ideas?

Has anyone else experienced this? My need for getting connected to Salesforce has become a little more urgent and there has not been a fix yet to my knowledge. I thought also that I could simply work around the connector by using the SalesForce SOAP API, but there are all kinds of issues with the generated WSDL from SalesForce (recursive structures, type definitions missing) that are preventing a successful consumption.

Hi Grayson,

Were you able to solve this issue in any way? Did you try with a more recent platform version?
In this kind of scenarios I advise to contact support so that the issue is properly reported and falls under our radar and backlog faster.

If you still need help with this feel free to keep this conversation going and we'll try to guide you.

Regards

I will submit mysfe to your technical support for this issue so important to me concerning salesforce connector. Thanks

Actually yes, we did get this resolved. We ended up needing to recompile the extension with a newer version of Java in the Ant build path. I cannot remember the specifics, but I walked through this process with a Customer Success Manager. If there is enough interest I can post the actual changes made to get the connector to compile, but by now I would think Outsystems has fixed the connector (we sent a detailed report on the issue and how to fix it to Outsystems R&D).